General Category > General Discussion

Rural open carry negated by liquor licensed locations

(1/3) > >>

krial:
Having to unload and box the pistol at both ends of the 5 mile drive into town sucks, but the part where you can't open carry anywhere with a liquor license is the big deal breaker that pretty much prohibits me from ever carrying. That eliminates the only grocery store, kmart, both drug stores, nearly every restaurant, and every single gas station around -- even the Dollar General apparently has a liquor license here. What does that leave? I can pick up something at the hardware store, the sport shop, then stop at one of the couple fast food joints? Just about everything else is off limits.

I'm just poor enough that the cost to get a CPL is enough of a hindrance to be pushed back every month in favor of something frivolous like food or electricity. Alright, more realistically it means I can get the CPL, but then I wouldn't have any ammo to shoot for a while because I spent that $200 on the CPL instead of 1000 rounds of ammo.

I kind of want to break down and get the CPL even if it means openly carrying around an empty gun everywhere -- though mostly to argue with everyone about how stupid it is to be forced to pay to get a CPL in order to open carry in enough places to be relevant for everyday life.

Sorry, this is just really frustrating.

smallthunder:
I agree that the right to keep and bear arms as long as you have enough money to purchase all the permits and go through all of the Hoops that they require you to is bologna. It just goes to show yet again you have all the rights in the country as long as you have enough money. It wasn't meant to be that way and it shouldn't be that way now.

gryphon:
I agree, too.  Michigan's gun laws leave a lot to be desired.

krial:
...the right of the people to purchase the ability to keep and bear certain approved Arms in a limited fashion, shall not be infringed on days not ending in Y.

Pond Scum:

--- Quote from: krial on May 30, 2016, 12:33:58 AM ---...the right of the people to purchase the ability to keep and bear certain approved Arms in a limited fashion, shall not be infringed on days not ending in Y.

--- End quote ---

krial, I like how you worded this.  I hope you don't mind if I paraphrase your words.  It points our how simple our Founding Fathers made the second amendment and then politicians screwed it up.   :(

Regarding your plight carrying your gun I understand your frustration.  Going OC without a CPL is a morass of laws and regulations.  Its like walking thru a mine field blindfolded.  I tell my friends that going OC without a CPL is risky business and should only be done on a limited basis.   I hope you can find a way to save enough for your CPL and then you can go to town and CC or OC with fewer restrictions. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version