Author Topic: Gun Rights Groups ask NRA to Support Gun Rights  (Read 4019 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Gun Rights Groups ask NRA to Support Gun Rights
« on: July 01, 2016, 10:25:36 AM »
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Re: Gun Rights Groups ask NRA to Support Gun Rights
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 02:59:52 PM »
It was offered to us. I declined.

The coalition was formed many years ago for something else and recently resurrected itself after recent events.

I declined because I do not approve of the group's tactics, nor the accuracy of it's message.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 09:50:53 PM »
I did notice (just now, sorry) that the page I linked to was rather devoid of links to articles on nraila.org where the NRA says, in writing, what they're accused of saying.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 05:39:37 PM »
The group is pretty anti-NRA. In the past the NRA has had less than proud moments.

The current NRA liaison in Michigan is very helpful. That's why I put the anti-NRA rhetoric aside (personally) and paid my dues to the NRA.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 06:12:20 PM »
For what it's worth, I talked with CJ Grisham about this. His group, OCT, signed on. I told him I can see why they did given the NRA treated then very poorly.