Author Topic: MOC Partnering with Firearms Legal Protection (FLP)  (Read 9069 times)

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
MOC Partnering with Firearms Legal Protection (FLP)
« on: May 09, 2016, 09:26:46 AM »
MOC is pleased to announce that we have partnered with Firearms Legal Protection, LLC.

Firearms Legal Protection, LLC is a legal services company comprised of attorneys, advised by law enforcement, dedicated to protecting the rights of lawful gun owners in all 50 states.

Why we chose to partner with FLP:

- First and foremost, FLP assists its members with more than just self-defense incidents. As members of the open carry community, we understand that we may face potential legal issues that do not involve using a firearm for self-defense. FLP fills in this gap left open by many of their competitors.

- Many of the attorneys we know and recommend are partnering with FPL too. Having someone that knows what they are doing can be critical, and the area of Michigan firearm law is certainly no exception. By recommending FLP we are recommending some of the same attorneys we've recommended for years.

- More for less. Based on our comparisons, FLP appears to offer more to its member for a lower price. It's easy to appreciate value.

- FLP will not only help protect our members, they will help us fund our legal battles. MOC will receive a contribution from FLP for every new member that signs up through MOC. We will be allocating 100% of what we bring in to our Legal Fund. We will win back your rights and FLP will help you protect them.

You can sign up with FLP through MOC by following this link:
https://firearmslegal.com/Miopencarry

Video about FLP:

Offline Divegeek

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
Re: MOC Partnering with Firearms Legal Protection (FLP)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 11:53:03 AM »
Is this the group that Shyster has teamed up with?

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 12:40:23 PM »
Is this the group that Shyster has teamed up with?

Yes.  There is a thread (or two) on the MGO forums where he has explained why he feels FLP is better than their competitors (that he also works with).  I joined FLP after a 'what to do after a self defense shooting' seminar in Detroit last year that they were both a part of.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 02:01:08 PM »
MOC's corporate counsel, Dean Greenblatt, has also joined FLP.

Offline smallthunder

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 11:52:43 AM »
I've seen a few "bulk attorney agencies" in the past. I've searched a little on them and didn't get a lot. Who else knows if this is legit and not a scam? Please understand my paranoia.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 04:27:40 PM »
The Board thoroughly vetted them. As have the attorneys that we know well who are also joining.

At first, we too were worried about a scam. We took our time to really look into the product.

Offline smallthunder

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 06:00:27 PM »
Sounds good.. Thank you.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 09:42:01 PM »
Here is a link that was posted by dmd7765 on MGO showing the "legal service contract" for FLP you can read it before signing up.
I do not think there is anything "group related" but if MOC wants to post something feel free to delete this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcpcxlirtq1a3h0/Member%20Legal%20Services%20Contract-11-1-15.pdf?dl=0

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 11:02:56 PM »
If you want to sign up, please do so by following this link: https://firearmslegal.com/Miopencarry