Author Topic: Church OC  (Read 8865 times)

Offline G36shooter

• MOC Member
  • MOC Member,SE Regonal Coorrdinator
  • First Name (Displayed): Greg
Church OC
« on: July 10, 2016, 10:51:15 PM »
This afternoon my wife and I traveled to Monroe,Mi to attended the renewing after 25 years of marriage the renewing of their wedding vows of a very good friend of hers. The ceremony was held at the couples church. Being armed wherever I go and without permission from the church in advance of attending, I OC'd as per MCL 28.425o. There was no one running in fear nor any questions why I was armed. I spoke with the Pastor and told him I meant no disrespect to him or his Church, that I always carry and was following the law, "with your permission, would you prefer I CC?" he said "no, you are fine, in fact both my wife and I are CPL holders and the Church has a security team" He knows about MOC,Inc. and our mission and was pleased that I left him some Tri-Folds. I invited him and his family to our AA picnic. In closing, a great day for all.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 08:41:05 AM by G36shooter »

Offline Hammurabi

Re: Church OC
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 07:22:33 AM »
Good on you, I'm glad that went smoothly.

Being armed wherever I go and without permission from the church in advance of attending, I OC'd as per mcl750.234d.
750.234d doesn't prohibit concealed carry, but possession. 28.425o(1)(e) is what would have made carrying concealed without permission unlawful.

Offline G36shooter

• MOC Member
  • MOC Member,SE Regonal Coorrdinator
  • First Name (Displayed): Greg
Re: Church OC
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 08:39:04 AM »
Yes, in my haste to post I cited the wrong MCL, should be 28.425o. I stand corrected.