Author Topic: Armed Robbery in Grand Rapids  (Read 4050 times)

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Armed Robbery in Grand Rapids
« on: August 13, 2016, 11:47:32 AM »
4 Armed Thugs rob man near College and Leonard last night.  It happened about a block form our GR apartment and 3/4 mile from our meeting site at Riverside Park.  I wonder if we will need to worry about getting robbed today at the annual meeting??   :-X

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/grand-rapids-south/grpd-investigating-two-shootings-and-armed-robbery-overnight/296605764

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: Armed Robbery in Grand Rapids
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 06:26:25 PM »
I didn't see a single thing anywhere in the park to give me concern. And I saw the whole park on foot after getting lost.

Orange and white barricades everywhere your GPS tells you to drive are a nuisance though.

"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Re: Armed Robbery in Grand Rapids
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 09:34:41 PM »
I didn't see a single thing anywhere in the park to give me concern. And I saw the whole park on foot after getting lost.

Orange and white barricades everywhere your GPS tells you to drive are a nuisance though.

Nothing to be concerned about ...... when you are with 20 - 30 friends that are open carrying!   ;D

They have the drive thru Riverside closed off and it is kind of a pain.  Years ago it was open and there were lots of cars with teenagers just cruising thru .... it was part of a loop for kids to cruise downtown and back to the park.    My memory says the park was a lot more crowded back in those days.

It was a good event today.  Thanks to all the folks that work so hard to organize it for us!   :D