Author Topic: School Carry in the news again  (Read 3432 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
School Carry in the news again
« on: September 07, 2016, 04:03:54 PM »
http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/education/howell/2016/08/26/parent-carried-gun-into-parker-middle-school/89412020/

At least one parent was furious over the situation.

"Why are you that fearful going into a school to bring your gun?" Lesley Schafer asked. "I wholeheartedly disagree with this particular law. I think it’s disgusting that people can open carry in an environment such as a school. It was irresponsible and puts mine and other children in danger.”

While she understands it's legal, Schafer is baffled by why a parent would feel the need to take a handgun to school.

“As a gun owner, it is your responsibility to inform a school district you have a weapon on you, and right now we don’t know if he did,” Schafer said, who has a gun permit. “If this gentlemen did, in fact, inform the school, that is fine. I have to be OK with it because the law says he can open carry on school grounds. But why would you carry a gun on school grounds during orientation day?"
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?