Author Topic: Deterred a burglary...  (Read 3330 times)

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
Deterred a burglary...
« on: August 07, 2010, 03:05:37 AM »
So I came home at around 1:45 this morning. My neighbors were out of town, as they are getting married tomorrow... well technically today. As I got out of the car I noticed a black mercedes, one I did not recognize, parked in front of their house. The car was on, the lights were off. I could see in the silhouette of the dvd player in the dash that there was at least one person in the car... by now it was 2:00am... seemed strange to me.

Anyway, since I was the only one around today I was tasked with retrieving my neighbors mail while they are gone... so I made sure to keep an eye on that car, and made sure its occupants knew I was armed, while I did so. I tried to call police non-emergency before I went, too, but nobody answered. Anyway after I grabbed the mail I saw their taillights flash... startled me, but they were switching into drive... and they drove off, slowly, leaving their headlights off.

That pretty much confirmed my suspicions... I called 911, the cops came, and I gave them as good of a description as I could. They made sure the property was clear of bad guys, and then left, saying they'd pay extra attention to the area since I expressed concerns that they may just have been scouting the house for a later burglary.

So... thats my story. Yay OC. Time for bed.
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline Advanced Security

Re: Deterred a burglary...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 10:43:25 AM »
Good catch!  You can be my neighbor anytime!

God Bless,

Jeff