Author Topic: Brandishing  (Read 3928 times)

Offline Neilmrb

• MOC Lifetime Member
Brandishing
« on: October 28, 2016, 09:43:13 AM »
On the American Patriot Dailey a headline article turned into a mishmash of opions on brandishing in the blog and being irritated I wrote
a response.
http://www.americanpatriotdaily.com/featured/liberal-anti-gunner-was-riding-the-train-when-a-concealed-carrier/

neil barron  1_Eddie_1 • 20 minutes ago
Let's get this straight I'm a life member of Michigan Open Carry
and brandishing has never been about open carry it's been about the particulars of handling guns. Thus with all the lawyers who are trying to make it an issue take you to court and loose, because they never look up the definition of brandishing.
We decided to fix that and we proceeded to codify brandishing and finally got a bill passed to define "Brandishing." On 5/12/2015 HB 4160 became PA 27 and HB4161 became PA28.
For further information go to Michigan Open Carry. Org. page and look up brandishing .

Best Regards
Neil Barron
Barryton, Mi.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Brandishing
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 07:38:58 PM »
Yes -- the brandishing bills were fine accomplishments. Wish I could say they were our idea.

They were brought to us by Brandon Dillion, now state chair of the Michigan Democratic Party -- then Democratic State Rep from Grand Rapids. Dillion and we agreed the bills would have a better chance to become law if they had a Republican face on them in a Republican controlled legislature. A good Republican friend of ours, Rep Joel Johnson from Clare agreed to help and he was a great sponsor! We couldn't do it without Joel and his legislative director, now Mayor and the next State Rep from Owasso: Ben Frederick!

When you tell this story, don't forget the Democrat that gave birth to the idea and the Republicans who helped us see it to fruition!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).