Author Topic: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017  (Read 8432 times)

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017
« on: October 31, 2016, 10:32:24 PM »

I just got the increase notice from my insurance. I am self employed and I am the only person on my policy. I had good insurance with reasonable limits and deductibles before Obamacare. Now it totally sucks. My premium started out about the same but the benefits went down while the limits and deductibles sky rocketed. Was 20% co-pay. Now 30% co-pay. Was $2500 max out of pocket for the year, now $6600. Crestor was $200 for 3 months, went to $700 for 3 months .... I quit taking it. My first 3 months on Obamacare when I had to switch over cost me $6000 extra out of pocket than my former policy.

My premium is up 19% for 2017 compared to 2016 = $1500 extra for the year. I'm still waiting for the $2500/year savings that Obama promised. Oh and the part about keeping my primary care doctor?? Nope. They switched me and I had to fight for 3 months to keep the doctor that my dad, wife, and I had been using for 15 years.

I'm praying for Trump to get elected and send the affordable care act to the trash heap.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 11:20:00 AM »
I have some friends who got caught up in this Obamacare nonsense, too.  They've been screwed every year since its inception, and like you, each year it gets increasingly worse.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 12:25:12 PM »
"If we didn’t know it before, we now know that the current model of the ACA is not sustainable, even in the short-term."

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/10/the-obamacare-tipping-point/

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 11:39:51 PM »
The first run at repeal and replace fizzled out.  Hopefully the Repubs can get their act together and do something to help.  I never thought I would be looking forward to turning 65 so I can go on Medicare.  Sigh. 

Also hoping that revising the tax code will get passed. 

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 08:53:45 AM »
"repeal and replace"

To Hell with that, just repeal it. We don't need Obamacare, Romneycare, or even Ryancare.
What we really need is a federal government that understands it has zero Constitutional authority in the health insurance arena.

All you need to do is pass a bill repealing it, effective January 1 2018.
Everybody's set for this year, with plenty of time to plan for next year.
Can anybody give me a decent reason why this didn't happen by the end of January?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 02:42:00 PM »
I agree.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 08:14:54 PM »
Here we go, between 20 and 50 Republicans in the House of Representatives, all elected last year on a platform that included repealing the ACA, don't want to repeal it, or even get rid of the individual mandate, because they think the voters who put them in office don't want it repealed or substantially modified.

And despite claiming that their voters don't want a repeal, they're scared shitless to have it come to a vote and force them to vote against it. So the Speaker is doing them a favor of not bringing it to a vote and revealing who the RINOs are.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-why-cant-house-repeal-obamacare-because-a-lot-of-republicans-dont-want-to/article/2621543
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?