Author Topic: Trump administration and civil rights prosecutions  (Read 4664 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Trump administration and civil rights prosecutions
« on: November 24, 2016, 09:21:40 AM »
What if the Trump Administration were to assign civil rights prosecutors to go after state and local government and law enforcement officials who violate the 2nd Amendment rights of citizens?

The Second Amendment Foundation thinks that's exactly what Trump should do.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/22/gun-rights-trump-administration-second-amendment-prosecutor?CMP=share_btn_tw
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Re: Trump administration and civil rights prosecutions
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 05:24:35 PM »
An interesting proposal but I doubt it will gain traction.  Quotes like this just baffle me:

New York’s strict gun laws are “a chief reason New York has one of the nation’s lowest gun fatality rates” and the prospect of losing them is “needless, heartless, pointless”, the New York Daily News, a left-leaning tabloid, wrote in an editorial on Monday about the NRA’s plans for concealed carry reciprocity. “Blood would spill.”

I wonder how he explains all the murders in Chicago?? 

Offline LD

• Legal Musings
Re: Trump administration and civil rights prosecutions
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 08:17:42 PM »
An interesting proposal but I doubt it will gain traction.  Quotes like this just baffle me:

I wonder how he explains all the murders in Chicago??

That's simple.... Chicago isn't in New York.