Author Topic: CPL instructor shoots student in Livonia  (Read 4125 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
CPL instructor shoots student in Livonia
« on: May 05, 2017, 09:10:34 PM »
http://www.guns.com/2017/05/05/detroit-area-firearms-instructor-accidentally-shoots-student/
Detroit-area firearms instructor accidentally shoots student
5/05/17 | by Andrew Shepperson   

Police are investigating a Detroit-area firearms instructor who accidentally shot and injured a student Saturday.

CBS Detroit reported that Livonia Police Capt. Robert Nencarini indicated the accidental shooting occurred while the 44-year-old Farmington Hills man was teaching a concealed pistol license class at the Firearms Exchange in Livonia, Michigan.

“I’m not sure what he was demonstrating,” Nencarini said, “but he pulled his handgun out of his holster and aimed it at a door and fired a round, which ended up going through the door.”

A 39-year-old Detroit man was hit while taking a class next door and suffered gunshot wounds to both of his thighs.

Nencarini said the instructor was in the middle of demonstrating to his students what not to do when he fired his handgun.

“I’m assuming he thought his gun was unloaded,” Nencarini said. “But you can never be too safe and you have to check and recheck before you squeeze the trigger on a gun. … They sure got an eye-opener in that class.”

The police captain said prosecutors are considering a warrant request and that negligent discharge of a firearm would be the most likely charge if any were pressed.

The instructor’s name has not yet been released.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: CPL instructor shoots student in Livonia
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 09:27:01 PM »
He was demonstrating what not to do.  I think he was successful.