Author Topic: Ask Amy about Open Carry  (Read 4583 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Ask Amy about Open Carry
« on: October 16, 2017, 11:34:05 AM »
Dear Amy: My brother-in-law and I don't have a particularly good relationship, and one of the sticking points is gun ownership.

He believes in the right to carry (openly), and I think guns should be carried only by police.

Every time I ask him not to bring guns near our family (we have three young children), he gets unbelievably offended.

Dear Concerned Dad:

I grew up with guns and hunting and still live in a local culture where some kids (and parents) play hooky for the first day of hunting season. But all responsible gun owners use gun safes, and that is where they keep their deadly weapons, not slung on their hips.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/askamy/ct-ask-amy-ae-1016-20171016-story.html
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Ask Amy about Open Carry
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 06:20:48 PM »
Chicago.  And Chicago Tribune.  Although it looks like it is syndicated out of Texas, which makes sense because Illinois doesn't allow OC.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: Ask Amy about Open Carry
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 07:10:28 AM »
I'm not sure where "Amy" lives, but she's syndicated by the Chicago Trib and she claims to be an NPR contributor.
Anyway, that column shows that she likes guns almost as much as the old Abigail Van Buren / Ann Landers duo.

http://amydickinson.com/
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?