Author Topic: PFX  (Read 6674 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
PFX
« on: March 21, 2016, 10:26:37 AM »
I saw the Pink Floyd Experience last night.  They are similar to The Musical Box for Genesis, they are a Pink Floyd tribute band.  I'll probably muck up the set list a bit, but this is what they played last night:

Set 1:
Something I wasn't familiar with (couldn't place it), Sheep, Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, Have a Cigar, Wish You Were Here, Shine On You Crazy Diamond Parts VI-IX, Hey You, Comfortably Numb

Wish You Were Here

Intermission

Set 2:
In the Flesh (I think, I'm not a Wall fan), Young Lust, Goodbye Blue Sky, Echos, Money, Us and Them, Brain Damage, Eclipse, Mother, One Of These Days, Run Like Hell

Us and Them

And yes, they had a pig!

I was disappointed that they didn't play more of Animals.  I wanted to hear Dogs and Pigs!  The sax player was awesome!  I didn't get any good pics of him because I was so taken with watching him that I forgot until he was done with each solo.  The keyboard player was excellent, too.  He played a Korg workstation synth, Hammond SK1 organ, and I think a Nord 88 key piano.  He was very animated and looked like he was having fun.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Re: PFX
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 02:53:49 PM »
Dan, look up Australian Pink Floyd and if you are ever in a town they are playing I recommend it. I have seen them a couple of times and the first time I saw them I was more impressed then the first time I saw Pink Floyd as a whole.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 06:05:09 PM »
I've read a few people say the same thing, that the Australian PF is better.  I was unfamiliar with either one until recently.

I've only seen Pink Floyd once, during their Animals tour, June 1977.  Good show.  They played all of Wish You Were Here and all of Animals.  Then for their encore they played half of Dark Side of the Moon.

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 09:06:54 AM »
They played echoes? I'm assuming they cut it down from the full version...
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 10:49:46 AM »
Dan, look up Australian Pink Floyd and if you are ever in a town they are playing I recommend it. I have seen them a couple of times and the first time I saw them I was more impressed then the first time I saw Pink Floyd as a whole.
A friend of mine just saw Australian Pink Floyd a few weeks ago in NW IN.  I asked him how it was but he hasn't deigned to tell me yet.  :toetap: