Author Topic: Finally did my CPL class  (Read 484 times)

Offline bignaz

Finally did my CPL class
« on: January 16, 2018, 08:50:16 PM »
Years after putting it off I finally went and did it. Dropped everything off today so now I get to play the wait game for Wayne county to send it out.  Never really had free time to take the class  but it's scary at who is getting CPL's. Most were just getting started into shooting and to be honest 7 yards is really hitting the limit for them. And some I would of not let them pass. They need way more time on the range. Trigger finger discipline, shot placement. They can hit a huge target at 7 yards but under stress I don't think they would be able to hit anything.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: Finally did my CPL class
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 12:35:21 AM »
If that bothers you, what about LEOSA, which says all NYPD officers can carry concealed weapons in Michigan?
We all know what they, as a group, can and can't hit at 7 yards.

Or worse yet, the Torrance PD officers who shot up that Toyota driven by the two LA Times delivery ladies...

Fortunately, Michigan's 500,000 CPL holders have a much better collective track record.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Enforcement_Officers_Safety_Act
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 02:13:01 PM »
Congratulations Bignaz!    I'm haven't been by here for a while and I'm catching up on the new posts...... I'm glad you found time and and a class to get your CPL.   :D

Offline bignaz

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 12:39:22 AM »
Yeah figured it was time. Got my finger prints and all that day after MLK day. So hoping the permit comes soon.

Offline bignaz

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 08:50:56 PM »
Just got it in the mail today. submitted everything on the day after MlK day. And it's looks just as booty as the blue ones. Only white. And looks like it sat in the sun for 57 years. Good job Michigan.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 10:17:57 PM »
That seems like a pretty quick turn around.
When mine was issued in Eaton County, they did them once a month and if you didn't have your application in a couple weeks before their monthly meeting it got put off until next month.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline bignaz

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 10:46:18 PM »
Yeah the turn around was not to bad. I just wish they would just put CPL on our driver's license. So it's one less thing to fill my wallet...And it did not look so booty.