Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4904 times)

Offline LOATS

• Michigan Land Rescue Team
Hello
« on: August 20, 2010, 11:56:25 AM »
Hey everyone, I have been reading throughout the entire forum and I find alot of great info on here.  I am new to carrying, have ccw class tomorrow and will be oc'ing reletively soon.  Keep up the great work.
Michigan Land Rescue Team
www.michiganlandrescue.com
We are part of the solution, you are welcome to join us.

Offline FatboyCykes

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 12:48:16 PM »
Looking forward to the fight?  This thing is an uphill battle, but we're making progress!

Offline LOATS

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 01:50:17 PM »
I will do what I can.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »
welcome!

just a question about your land rescue team thing,is that a CERT,S.A.R. or something else?i cannot get the link to work...
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline Agent1

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 11:45:02 PM »
welcome!

just a question about your land rescue team thing,is that a CERT,S.A.R. or something else?i cannot get the link to work...

Looks more like an enviromental thing. Cleanups and land mgnt and such.
"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts. It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, arn't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't."
 John Wayne (The Shootist.)

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 12:34:24 AM »
Ah,now i see.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline LOATS

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 05:56:44 PM »
I do have a question, and it probably can't be answered by any one person.  What is MOC's position about training with a firearm before exercising the right to openly carry.  As much as I like a law abiding citizen openly displaying their capability to perform deadly force if required, I don't like the fact that most people don't know how to properly execute that force in a manner consistent with the law, and in turn putting themselves in a heap of trouble and casting a bad light on all gun owners.

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 09:09:44 PM »
I will not speak on the behalf of MOC.inc, but I feel safe in saying that as a law abiding responsible gun owner, we all recommend and suggest regular training and refreshing that includes more than just range time.  However, let me qualify that I don't think it should be required.  The Constitution of the United State as well as Michigan's Constitution make it perfectly clear that this God given right shall not be infringed upon.  I see requiring training as nothing less than an infringement.  Again, with that being said, more training and education is highly, highly recommended here and pretty much anywhere you find responsible law abiding gun owners.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 11:23:41 PM »
I will not speak on the behalf of MOC.inc, but I feel safe in saying that as a law abiding responsible gun owner, we all recommend and suggest regular training and refreshing that includes more than just range time.  However, let me qualify that I don't think it should be required.  The Constitution of the United State as well as Michigan's Constitution make it perfectly clear that this God given right shall not be infringed upon.  I see requiring training as nothing less than an infringement.  Again, with that being said, more training and education is highly, highly recommended here and pretty much anywhere you find responsible law abiding gun owners.

Yep that!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."