Author Topic: The Dem candidates for governor talk about the issues  (Read 5526 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
The Dem candidates for governor talk about the issues
« on: July 30, 2018, 08:35:44 AM »
Surprise, surprise,  when asked about school safety, all 3 said 'tougher gun laws'.
Shri managed to say 'support the 2nd Amendment while I violate it', the other two didn't mention the Constitution.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2018/07/28/where-they-stand-dem-candidates-gov-michigan-issues/843278002/
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: The Dem candidates for governor talk about the issues
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 08:56:27 PM »
Whitmer is rabidly antigun, look at her past voting record.

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 10:27:47 PM »
And Shri's campaign theme seems to be "Whitmer isn't progressive enough but I am".

I first heard of him in a radio commercial last week.
At the end of a lengthy commercial with a professional announcer extolling his virtues, he came on to say a few words on his own behalf, and managed to work 'Progressive Values" into his tiny speech.

Both men want to 'tax the rich' by charging them more than the 4.25% everybody pays now.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 03:27:24 AM »
Shri's campaign slogan is that he is the most progressive Democrat in the race.   Been on TV for months and months.  That's how he got name recognition, by outspending everyone on TV commercials.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 07:38:17 PM »
$10 mil of your own money goes a long way in the primary season, especially against Whitmer's meager $2 mil in union money.

Since I never watch TV, I managed to go without ever hearing Shri's name until a couple weeks ago.