General Category > Announcements

Spam posts

(1/7) > >>

gryphon:
We get a fair amount of spam posts and it seems they've been increasing lately.  The MOC forum has been getting several (or more than several) new accounts every day.  A few days later they come back and post ads for sex toys, DVDs, Adidas, stereo equipment, personal slaves (not sure how that works, might need to check that out myself), and so on.  I delete them and the new account as soon as I see them, but even though I check several times a day, sometimes you see them first.

Feel free to still report them if you want.  I just wanted to let you know that we are not ignoring them.  Sometimes you just see them first.  Thanks.

CitizensHaveRights:
My bookmark for this forum is Show unread posts since last visit.

If you start there, you'll probably find the ads for Butt Plugs faster than you could by checking for reported posts.

Seems like the garbage is all this forum gets these days.

Did everybody move over to ZuckerBook?

gryphon:
Yes, 99.9% of the MOC traffic is on MOC's facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MichiganOpenCarry/

Super Trucker:

--- Quote from: CitizensHaveRights on August 12, 2018, 08:06:52 AM ---My bookmark for this forum is Show unread posts since last visit.

If you start there, you'll probably find the ads for Butt Plugs faster than you could by checking for reported posts.

Seems like the garbage is all this forum gets these days.

Did everybody move over to ZuckerBook?

--- End quote ---
Yes unfortunately most did.
They seem to forget some of us have been members for a very long time and since this is where communication started, it is just rude to demand everybody use bookface.

CitizensHaveRights:
I don't know that anybody's demanding you use a web site established by one of our self-declared enemies, they just went there, because, well, that's what everybody does these days, for reasons far beyond my comprehension.
I don't know how it overtook and replaced Instagram and Myspace, but it's now how people communicate.
If you want to talk to them, you go where they are, because expecting them to come back to the forum apparently isn't working.
This is a problem for me, because I want nothing to do with the House of Zuck.

Sometimes I'll drop my filters and visit this facebook page to view the latest sale flyer, but that's the only thing I ever do there:
https://www.facebook.com/rivesqualitymeats/
(store made sausage for $1.49, NY Strip for $2.49-4.29, I buy 30lb when it's under $3)

Couple weeks ago I was accosted by the world's friendliest beagle in the road out in front of my house.
Put found ads on Lansing and BC Craigslist, and called animal control to give them my phone number. 
Got a CL response from the moderator of a facebook lost pets group.
I emailed her back, told her to let me know if she heard of anybody missing a beagle.

A week later, that moderator forwarded a facebook post to me. She was kind enough to send a screencap instead of just a link.
My neighbor's son's girlfriend had lost a beagle and was feeling sad a week after it was missing for a week, so she put a pic of it on her facebook page. It was the dog I'd found.

I called her, she said it had slipped its collar three houses away from me while she was caring for her sick boyfriend.
She showed up with a collar in one hand and a bag of treats in the other. Her first act was to put the collar on the dog and adjust it tighter. I checked her facebook page and a couple of people had quoted my CL ad in response to her post. Several people emailed me through CL on her behalf that morning, after I'd called her to come get her dog.

Don't know why she didn't say anything in public about losing the dog until it was missing for a week. I thought the dog was excited to see me when we first met, but that was nothing compared to when it saw its owner a week later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version