General Category > Announcements

Spam posts

<< < (4/7) > >>

gryphon:

--- Quote from: Super Trucker on August 23, 2018, 11:26:25 PM ---Why be a member of something you are beg for information?
--- End quote ---

I don't know if you are still a paid member or not, but if you are you get the monthly newsletter that keeps you pretty well informed, and also make sure you have signed up for the MOC email updates.  Late breaking news and important info is also sent out that way too.

Pond Scum:
I used to visit this forum just about every day.  Now I stop by twice a month or so.  Thanks to gryphon and Citizens have rights for keeping on posting and keeping it cleaned of spam.  I'm not a fan of Facebook and don't have an account under my name.  I don't want people I didn't talk to in high school looking me up 45 years later wanting to "chat".    With my last name if anyone wants to find me they can ... I just don't need to have them "stumble upon" me or get a "You might know Glenn" link on FB.    I did create a FB account for a wedding joke years ago and that account joined the MOC page but I seldom post or like anything.  FB is a huge time waster and I need to spend my time working. 

MI_XD:

--- Quote from: gryphon on August 20, 2018, 03:21:44 AM ---Look at the two most active organizations in the US today: Florida Carry and Open Carry Texas.  Both use facebook because most people are on facebook.  Don't be surprised if this forum goes away one day.  I don't know anyone who is advocating to keep it other than me.

--- End quote ---

I am saying to keep it also.
As was posted just a couple of posts after this quoted one, Facebook may take away the signal, meaning to me, they may do what they are doing to other conservative groups and block their accounts.

Another reason I despise facebook.

gryphon:
If facebook blocked the MOC pages I'm sure we'd see a resurgence here.

Pond Scum:

--- Quote from: gryphon on August 26, 2018, 02:27:33 PM ---If facebook blocked the MOC pages I'm sure we'd see a resurgence here.

--- End quote ---

Agreed but this forum will ever get the traffic that our Facebook page gets.  And Facebook brings in new people.... it is hard to get people to this forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version