Author Topic: CPL Fee as Tax Write-Off  (Read 6449 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
CPL Fee as Tax Write-Off
« on: August 23, 2010, 04:32:59 PM »
All,

Assuming one does itemized deductions, can one take a tax write off on CPL Fees.  Other license fees such as Driver's License and Car registration fees are tax deductible.  Does anyone know about a CPL fee?  If no one knows -- I can find a CPA to ask.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: CPL Fee as Tax Write-Off
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 09:58:32 PM »
I would be interested in knowing  ;D
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 10:02:43 PM »
I used to have a "side-business" as a licensed "Nuisance Animal Control Business" and was able to write off my CPL class, the license, and the .22 pistol I used to dispatch those animals I trapped.
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:21:50 AM »
wow I nevr thought you could write any of that off; but not that I know!  Just need confirmation on the CPLif its needed for business?
The Patroit Act; Turning citizens into suspects since 2001!
-------------------------------------------------
I may not like what you have to say; but, I will defend to the death your right to say it!  Voltaier

Offline Advanced Security

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 12:06:55 PM »
All CPL fees are tax deductible.  However, be ready to show with receipts, costs, and a necessity in the business.  The CPL is a tool, just like a saw, hammer, or other tool of any trade. 

Jeff