Author Topic: Founders Brewery Event  (Read 58843 times)

Offline Neilmrb

• MOC Lifetime Member
Founders Brewery Event
« on: June 21, 2019, 12:55:35 AM »
Founders Brewery annual event banning weapons when the event is on the sidewalks and the streets of Grand Rapids. They have a chairs only on the sidewalks and no chairs on the street, indicating the city wants no interference of passage in case of emergency. This is for Saturday I know this is short just found out and thought of going any justifiable quick response would be appreciated. I'm seriously thinking of going with open carry. I see public property I don't see private control of public property. Any response would be appreciated even a call 9893827272 leave message please.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: Founders Brewery Event
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 07:02:59 PM »
So, they have a permit to close off the area and charge you to enter their special area of the public thoroughfare?
(looks like you need to buy a $25-$45 ticket to get in)
And they're treating that public right of way as their private territory during this limited time event...

I'm thinking I'm not qualified to have an opinion on the legality of it all, but it is Grand Flipping Rapids, so regardless of the legality, the city will side against us in any dispute.

https://foundersbrewing.com/taproom-events/founders-fest-2019-a-celebration-of-beer-and-music/
What can’t I bring into the event?

No outside food or beverage

No glass or growlers of any kind

Empty (non-glass) containers for water or sealed bottles of water are OK

No pets (licensed service dogs OK)

No fireworks

No illegal substances

No weapons

No bad attitudes

No flagpoles

No totems

No chairs on city streets
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?