General Category > Off Topic Stuff

The Great C8 Roadshow

(1/6) > >>

gryphon:
In July Chevrolet unveiled the new mid-engine C8 Corvette. Production begins in December, and if you don't already have an order in, you'd be lucky to get one before Thanksgiving 2020.  I've already configured mine, but I'm going to wait until the demand dies down.  I'll have to make do with my C5.

I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks and stopped by Coughlin Chevrolet of Pataskala (Columbus, OH) on the way home to see the new C8 at a Corvette dealer roadshow.  Here are a few pics.

Front of car, along with two pics of the frunk (front trunk).

A couple of pics of the engine.  Note that this model does not have all production parts as the rocker covers were just spray painted plain covers and I suspect some other beauty covers are missing.  There is a 9mm (3/8") glass partition between the engine cover and the passenger compartment.  Someone told me it is quiet in the car (no or minimal engine noise which I had a concern about).

I took this pic while sitting in the passenger seat.

A view from the driver's seat.  I couldn't figure out how to turn the instrument cluster and infotainment screen on.  It would have made a better pic.

A few of me sitting in the car.  In the first one a blonde got in with me and told me to take off with her.  LOL.  After photographing me through the window my wife came inside.  (I'm just going to stay outside with the dog.  That didn't last long).  Yes, her photographic skills suck.

The person before me had the seat raised and reclined.  I fixed that after the pic was taken.  Yes, I'm about seven months and the baby is fine.

CitizensHaveRights:

I can't see your pics, even when I tried quoting and previewing.
Can others see them?
Is there anybody else reading this forum?

I don't recall having trouble with tapatalk attachments before.

I've heard that 2019 C7s are suddenly selling for what you might have paid for a used 2017 in the Spring.

gryphon:
Everyone should be able to see the pics.

CitizensHaveRights:
560 WHP on a Mustang dyno?
If the production cars do that, wow.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Ive-got-the-new-C8-Corvette-on-the-dyno-performance-data-/5-2256195/

gryphon:
I can't find that thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version