Author Topic: State Rep Hammoud Wants to Ban 3D Printed Firearms  (Read 4338 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
State Rep Hammoud Wants to Ban 3D Printed Firearms
« on: November 05, 2019, 07:34:18 PM »
That would be about as constitutional as banning firearms made on lathes and milling machines.

https://www.wnmufm.org/post/state-lawmaker-wants-ban-3d-printed-firearms

A state lawmaker says he wants to get ahead of technological improvements in 3D printing. A new bill would ban 3D printed firearms. It was introduced by Democratic Representative Abdullah Hammoud. He says the technology to print components of firearms and then assemble them with other parts into guns is still new and 3D printers are expensive, but they’ve gotten cheaper over the years.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: State Rep Hammoud Wants to Ban 3D Printed Firearms
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 03:27:37 PM »
Hammoud (D-Dearborn) is the same idiot who two years ago introduced legislation that would outright ban guns in a large list of far reaching places, including any establishment licensed to sell liquor. This means most grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants, among other places.  His bill, HB 4560, if passed as introduced, would have made it nearly impossible for average citizens to carry a gun lawfully in their everyday lives.

The problem is, besides the obvious, according to his press release he thought that his bill only banned guns in police stations. Hammoud said his legislation was supported by the Dearborn Police, the Michigan State Police, and the Police Officers Association of Michigan. So I contacted each one. They all told me that Rep. Hammoud was a lying sack. 

He's an idiot.  But I repeat myself.