Author Topic: Open carry for poll watchers  (Read 18832 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: Open carry for poll watchers
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2020, 10:11:42 PM »
What's the deal with masks at the polls?
Can you be refused entry or refused a ballot if you don't wrap a rag around your face?

I suppose I could buy some white panties, write STRETCHIN GRETCHEN on them with a black sharpie and hook the leg holes over my ears if somebody insists on a mask...
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2020, 06:57:13 PM »
I saw a QUARANTINE WHITMER bumper sticker today.  I told the guy I liked it.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2020, 11:01:39 PM »
I saw a QUARANTINE WHITMER bumper sticker today.  I told the guy I liked it.

I think that would be a good idea.  It would help solve a lot of problems that we are having in the state right now.

Had to sign in at breakfast this morning.... not my idea of a reasonable request.  Sigh.

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2020, 05:35:59 AM »
I think that would be a good idea.  It would help solve a lot of problems that we are having in the state right now.

Had to sign in at breakfast this morning.... not my idea of a reasonable request.  Sigh.

Name: Stretch G Whitmer
Number 517-373-3400

Did Queen Dana make any progress with the Supreme Court?
And do the poll workers have any authority to force masks?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2020, 05:45:06 AM »
https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/02/no-word-michigan-court-open-carry-ban-election-day/6121466002/

In a press release late Monday, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson lamented the fact the Michigan Supreme Court had yet to release a decision in the case. Nessel and Benson recently asked the court to take up their case after lower courts sided with gunowners and a Wayne County activist who sued the state.

"Though I am disappointed that the Supreme Court hasn’t provided guidance in advance of Election Day, it does not change the fact that voter intimidation is still illegal in Michigan, which is why I am doing everything possible to intimidate gun owners, because I specialize in the illegal” Nessel said.

“Those (except for Jocelyn and I) who attempt to deter or interfere with someone trying to exercise the fundamental right to vote will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.”

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2020, 07:15:22 AM »
What's the deal with masks at the polls?
Can you be refused entry or refused a ballot if you don't wrap a rag around your face?

All the MSM was saying masks not required in August.
This month, they're mostly silent on the subject, but I did find this in the Manchester Mirror, and the AG did say she will not tolerate any form of voter suppression:

http://themanchestermirror.com/2020/10/26/michigan-voting-2020-masks-guns-id-straight-ticket-what-you-should-know/

Are voters required to wear masks in polling places?

No, though they are encouraged to do so. Wearing masks are proven to help reduce the spread of coronavirus.

Election workers are required to wear masks inside polling places under an order from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. Masks also are required for poll challengers who are appointed by parties and other organizations to watchdog the electoral process and poll watchers who choose to come observe polling places.

Each precinct will be given masks, gloves and face shields for poll workers and be required to regularly disinfect high-touch surfaces.

How many people can be inside a polling place at one time?

The Bureau of Elections recommends limiting the number of people inside polling places so that voters and election workers can maintain 6 feet of distance at all times.

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2020, 11:18:38 AM »
We had a guy outside handing out pens and ballot applications.
The I Voted sticker was on the pen, and mine wouldn't come off in one piece so the Sig didn't get a sticker.
The guy handing out the applications started to ask me to zip my jacket because I was exposing, but a brief conversation indicated he thought concealed or open carry was OK, so it didn't matter. Then when it got warm enough I stuck my jacket in the car.

There was  a sign on the door politely requesting masks, so I voluntarily honored the request.
I would have dealt differently with a demand.

Things were running very slow in my township, four voting booths meant they were averaging about 30 voters per hour. There were fewer than 120 ballots handed out by 10:45. There was apparently a line outdoors the entire time the polls were open, so voting was proceeding at maximum speed.

They said the mail in votes were about double the number of a normal year.

One interesting data point:
The couple in front of me looked to be in their 60s, and said it was the first time they ever voted.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2020, 06:58:15 PM »
In a press release late Monday, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson lamented the fact the Michigan Supreme Court had yet to release a decision in the case.
MISC refused to hear the case, and they are stacked with liberals.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2020, 07:04:15 PM »
The couple in front of me looked to be in their 60s, and said it was the first time they ever voted.
Isn't that amazing?

As far as poll workers, they cannot demand anyone wear a mask, and they will let you vote either way.  My wife worked two elections this year as a poll worker.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2020, 07:15:54 PM »
Also, all day long WJIM radio was quoting the Lansing police stating that open carry in any school or church is illegal any time, including today when they are polling places. I was screaming at my radio every time I heard that.

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2020, 08:14:16 AM »
I'm really happy that the Rs kept the Senate. And unhappy (but absolutely not surprised) that Tlaib and Dingell kept their House seats.

But the part that really upsets and frightens me is that MI and PA counted votes until it was known how many Biden ballots needed to be produced to change the results, and if they do pack the ballot boxes overnight, James will lose his Senate seat.

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2020, 09:05:17 AM »
Can somebody explain the changes in the numbers in these two images?
The only explanations I can come up with are Photoshop and Fraud.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2020, 07:54:07 PM »
Easy--Biden got over 138,000 votes in one ballot dump while Trump got zero.  Sounds legit.    :-\

Biden won MI by 130,000 votes.

A similar thing happened in one PA county.  Biden +38,000 votes, Trump +0 votes.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 11:45:20 PM by gryphon »

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2020, 07:59:21 PM »
if they do pack the ballot boxes overnight, James will lose his Senate seat.
James was up by over 10% all night long, now all of a sudden he's down by 1%?  This should have been a net gain of +1 for the Republicans, now we'll probably be 53-47 like before, or worse.

Edit: worse.   :(
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 11:45:49 PM by gryphon »

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Bob
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2020, 03:31:15 PM »
Tom,
I don't do Facistbook, so here is mine!
MI_XD
SW Michigan
I finally can be Proud of America, again!

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2020, 03:32:02 PM »
James was up by over 10% all night long, now all of a sudden he's down by 1%?  This should have been a net gain of +1 for the Republicans, now we'll probably be 53-47 like before, or worse.

Edit: worse.   :(

Check this out, a Detroit poll supervisor training poll workers in the official Benson Method of illegally stifling poll watchers, and then, when November rolls around, what happened? Exactly what was said in the video, poll watchers not allowed to watch the count. (I hear that in PA, they've halted the count while the Dems fight against a court order forcing poll watching)
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Video-on-Michigan-Training-Poll-Workers-On-How-to-Cheat/5-2382136/

This isn't proof (heck, give me a voice scrambler and I can make that recording, and I've never been a postal employee), but it needs to be thoroughly investigated:

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Bob
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2020, 03:34:02 PM »
Tom,
I don't do Facistbook, so here is mine.

Only comment I got was from a guy saying he was surprised that Gretchy gave us so easily and didn't keep stamping her feet... 

MI_XD
SW Michigan
I finally can be Proud of America, again!

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2020, 04:19:49 PM »
Well, even hand stamping votes with the previous date shouldn't change anything because they were not RECEIVED by 8:00 PM on Nov. 3 by the county clerk.

Note the operative word "shouldn't."

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2020, 07:23:42 PM »
I posted this on Facebook under my Facebook alias but I figured that I better post here as well:

No problems.  No questions.  Only comment was from the guy in line in front of us,  "I like your grips!"  And he wasn't even a Michigan State Fan!   ;D

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2020, 07:21:07 AM »
Well, even hand stamping votes with the previous date shouldn't change anything because they were not RECEIVED by 8:00 PM on Nov. 3 by the county clerk.

Note the operative word "shouldn't."

Some courts have ruled that the law needs to be ignored, because All Votes Must Be Counted, even those that arrive 2 weeks after the election.

So, what elements is Dean looking for in an 'I Open Carry at the Polls' affidavit?