Author Topic: Open carry for poll watchers  (Read 18432 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Open carry for poll watchers
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2020, 01:41:21 PM »
Probably a narrative of your experience.  I don't know if the form has been uploaded to the MOC server or not.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2020, 03:22:32 AM »
Had to sign in at breakfast this morning.... not my idea of a reasonable request.  Sigh.
I don't think anyone here knows, but I had COVID-19 last month.  My wife caught it at a garage sale in late September and gave it to me. Yes, she wore a mask as did almost all of the other people she encountered.  She came down with symptoms on Sep 28 (2-3 days after being exposed), and I had symptoms beginning Sep 29.  The MI Dept. of Health will try to track your movements and interactions once they get the report that you are COVID-positive, but they will not work very hard at it.  They'll call you and leave a message.  If you don't call back, you'll never hear another thing from them.  This signing in helps.  They do their job, but they are lazy and will not try too hard to really do a good job, hence these new rules for restaurants, barber shops, etc.  I didn't see any sign-in requirement for BLM, police, or Trump protests, though.  Weird.  Whitmer must have overlooked that.

Believe me, you do NOT want to get COVID!!!  It sucks.  It sucks big time.

At least it can.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2020, 05:14:04 AM »
Sorry to hear you had a rough time with it gryphon.  We don't have too many cases out here in Whitehall but Muskegon is a hot spot.  The health care folks I know are all worried about the coming flu/virus season. 

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2020, 05:00:36 PM »
There's no such thing as flu this year.
I'm absolutely not bothering with the flu shot.

Pick one:
All the flu cases are being tabulated as COVID cases.
The COVID prevention measures have prevented the spread of flu better than they prevent the spread of COVID.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2020, 05:56:56 AM »
You need an a) and b) choice.  Fail.

LOL!

Btw, I choose B.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2020, 01:18:31 PM »
There's no such thing as flu this year.

My wife told me yesterday that she's still going to get a flu shot this year.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2020, 06:10:56 PM »
My wife told me yesterday that she's still going to get a flu shot this year.

My mom, a total hermit except for going to the drive through at the bank and getting curbside pickup on drugs and groceries, went inside the drug store to get a flu shot. I think for some, the flu shot decision was made the year they started getting them, and now it's something they do every year automatically, like putting the snow tires on the car and setting the clocks back an hour.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2020, 02:03:53 PM »
We have been getting flu shots every year about 10 years or so.  We started going on cruises in October and decided that getting the shots about 4 - 6 weeks before the cruise was a smart decision.   One thing that I learned from Disney cruises is frequent hand washing and using the sanitizing wipes.  Every time you go into a dining room on Disney they hand you a wipe.  I always carried one thru the buffet lines to grab the spoons & forks.  Disney frequently replaces the serving utensils but still there are 50 other people using them between replacements .... including all the little booger pickers. 

We never got the flu or crud on a cruise but Sue got pneumonia on our first trans Atlantic adventure.  I have to say that a Disney cruise ship was better that getting it at home.  No hospital stay.  I would push her wheel chair to the elevator, push the 1st floor button and wheel out into the med center. NO waiting ... the first day took 5 minutes to fill out the form and right to the exam room.  After that the nurse has everything set up when we arrived and she was waiting for us. Sue got IV antibiotics and nebulizer treatments twice a day. Total bill was about $1400 and insurance paid it all..... 2 nights in the hospital would have been thousands.    OH, and the room service food was Excellent!  (I didn't do the room service .... I went to the dining room with my Dad after feeding the sickie.)

BACK on topic, Sue says she is not getting the Covid vaccine.  I am leaning toward getting it ... probably 90% for sure unless I get the crud before it is my turn for the vaccine. 

EDIT: Just noticed that the OPEN Carry for poll watchers morphed into a Covid thread.