Author Topic: Special announcement  (Read 7876 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Special announcement
« on: November 11, 2020, 06:38:19 AM »
There may be a need for any who opened carried while voting to fill out an affidavit for evidentiary support in upcoming claims.  Please contact board@miopencarry.org as soon as possible.

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Bob
Re: Special announcement
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 12:03:01 PM »
Is that the same affidavit that Jim Makowski was asking for on MGO?
MI_XD
SW Michigan
I finally can be Proud of America, again!

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 03:57:18 PM »
I haven't been over to MGO in years, but yes, it should be.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 10:08:37 PM »
I sent the board a summary of my experience voting while armed, and asked how much of the details were wanted in an affidavit.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 04:59:46 AM »
Just catching up here.  Is an affidavit still needed?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 03:54:10 PM »
I would say yes, especially if you had an issue/problem.  I think that's mostly what they are looking for.

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 04:58:21 PM »
My biggest problem was fear of being arrested for voting, a fear that went away with $10k of our lawyer dollars (and many more from other orgs I'm sure). That's about $20 per voting member, and I think Benson owes us the money.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 08:47:25 PM »
I would say yes, especially if you had an issue/problem.  I think that's mostly what they are looking for.

I OC'd.  Not a problem.  No looks or comments from any official.  Only comment was from the guy next to us in line.. "I Like your grips."   No funny looks from anyone.    If I tried that in our old precincts in Grand Rapids it might have been different.  I love living in a rural area.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 05:54:51 AM »
I recommend sending an email to board@miopencarry.org and ask if they would like an affidavit from you.  Thanks, Glenn.

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 01:03:46 PM »
I sent an email to board@moc with an audio file of an odd but not adversarial encounter with a man I believed to be an election worker (in a 30 second conversation he managed to both tell me he had to ask me to zip my jacket and that open carry was OK).
Then I sent another one without media attachments asking if they got the first one.
Seems like either my emails didn't go through or their replies didn't come through.