Author Topic: Meijer  (Read 6301 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Meijer
« on: August 01, 2022, 01:24:03 PM »
At first, they were 'we follow the law'.
Then, amid anti-gun lobbying, they put up no guns stickers on the doors.
Now, they seem to have partially backtracked to "open carry prohibited".

Steps 2 and 3 of the plan outlined above seem to be saying "don't upset the anti-gunners".
While they don't seem to be looking to deliberately upset the pro-gunners, they don't seem to care much about us either.

"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Re: Meijer
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 06:33:37 PM »
Personally I don't go inside Meijer's very often.  Sue taught me a lesson 4 years ago when she asked me to buy a couple of items at Meijer's on the way home on a Friday.  45 minutes to get in and thru check out!  Never again.   I will still go in but not during "rush hour."

Regarding their carry policy I don't look for signs when I enter but I don't OC anymore when I go to Walmart or Meijer's. 

-Pondy

Offline Neilmrb

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 02:46:31 PM »
I purposely carry openly in both places. I've done teachable moments in Meijer's with kids and have great conversations  with people in general  from knowledgeable to inquiring, carrying themselves and vets love to talk about it. Had one tell me he carries 2. 90 percent of people I notice don't even see it. But look out for the social justice warriors their too afraid to talk to you, must be their to full of hate.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 09:40:36 AM »
I purposely carry openly in both places. I've done teachable moments in Meijer's with kids and have great conversations  with people in general  from knowledgeable to inquiring, carrying themselves and vets love to talk about it......

Maybe I'll start to OC at Meijer's again...  I may be able to have some teachable moments and if I get asked to leave that would be a major win for me!  "Sorry honey, I can't go to Meijer's anymore .... I've been banned!"

Strangely since they put a Walmart in town I have been going there occasionally to pick up a few things.  I don't mind now that we live in a small town.   When we lived in Grand Rapids I went to the Walmart there about twice in 20 years.  We are members at Sam's Club ... I haven't been to the one in Muskegon since pre-covid.  Sue goes once a month or so for major purchases.