Author Topic: Lansing white castle,asked to....  (Read 6730 times)

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
Lansing white castle,asked to....
« on: August 28, 2010, 01:12:32 AM »
Me and TheQ went to white castle in lansing(near the infamous ponderosa) I frequent this restaurant and they are well aware of OC,with several employees often asking how to get permits or if there has been any hassles.

Well,tonight was a little different....they umm asked me to.....show them my ruger 10/22 "michigan pistol",i happily obliged! they thought it was interesting that it was a pistol(we had to explain the 30 inches or under clause for michigan,and the difference between the fed. definition) and then i showed one employee the purchase permit to show him how he goes about filling it out and where to get one.
I was surprised they practically told me to go get it to show them.

Great time,me and TheQ sat there for a half an hour chattin' and such,discussing the Hawk Island picnic on the 11th,and about attending a Lansing city council meeting to bring up some outdated,illegal firearms ordnance that our calls and emails have been ignored about for quite some time now.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 01:20:11 AM by lil_freak_66 »
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
Re: Lansing white castle,asked to....
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 06:56:01 PM »
Hopefully you did the whole 'flank towards them so they can inspect it while its slung' rather than the 'hey look at me brandishing as I wave it around the restaurant'  :-\
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 07:44:05 PM »
Of course it was slung,physically holding a firearm in public without a lawfully justifiable reason is a death sentence!

Btw,that ruger is now camo.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 08:02:52 PM »
I know, i figured you had more sense than that... but after the actions of ... others... on here, I had to ask the question.  :P

What color camo? Just your standard green? Got a nice pattern like a mossy oak?
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 08:17:45 PM »
Tape or paint Tyler?
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 09:43:30 PM »
Realtree Hardwoods (my preferred hunting camo),tape...for now

thinking of trading it for a makarov .380,and if i do that then im not going to duracoat obviously.

But if i keep it i plan to duracoat within the next year,most likely going with a wilderness mirageflage (looks alot like MARPAT)

It has a great digital camo pattern,green and light brown being the main colors,it would work great for my mix of forest and field hunting/shooting.

http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_wildernessmirageflage.html

here it is before the tape.

here it is currently(i ran out of tape so i couldnt get all of the magazine) surefire isnt on it in the pic either.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:48:12 PM by lil_freak_66 »

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 09:50:19 PM »
Makarov .380? Makarov's are generally chambered in 9x18 Makarov...
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."