Author Topic: Where can I find the MSP opinion relating to carry in the Pistol Free Zones?  (Read 4028 times)

Does anyone know where can I find the MSP opinion relating to carry in the Pistol Free Zones?  The one that says:

"Your analysis is correct. Non-CPL pistol free zones do not apply to CPL holders. The CPL pistol free zones only apply to CPL holders carrying a concealed pistol. Therefore, a CPL holder may openly carry a pistol in Michigan's pistol free zones.” Sgt. Thomas Deasy, Michigan State Police Executive Resource Section"

I'm looking for a .gov page that I can print out, preferably from the MSP's site.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
There is no .gov posting as it was an opinion by the MSP and several legislatures.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Warchild

You mean this?
This is only an opinion, don't expect it to hold any "weight" if you get challenged.
JMO

There is no .gov posting as it was an opinion by the MSP and several legislatures.

Do you happen to have a scan of the letters?

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
no but it is in our trifold.. Brian eg Venator may have the original emails.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline ghostrider

It was a letter sent upon request from Sgtl. Deasy to a member.