Author Topic: OC Monroe County  (Read 3734 times)

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
OC Monroe County
« on: September 14, 2010, 07:39:57 PM »
First Ever OC

Not an earth shattering experience today but I went to look for a used car for my daughter at two of the local independent card lots just north of Monroe. The first one was actually a junkyard, why anyone would look at a junkyard to buy a car is beyond me, but that’s where she wanted to go.

I did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling that I would have had a good reception, so rather than push it I left the gun in the car but I kept on my holster and magazine pouch.  I was standing out in the parking lot, while she was looking at the car she came to see, when an employee was returning back from a lunch run with his hands full of Burger king.  I gave him the “man nod” got one back and he shifted into high gear and scurried into the office    Less than 10 seconds later the owner, whom I have recognized from my various trips to the same junkyard came “running” out of the door, looked at me gave me the once over and then quickly turned and bolted for the door.  A minute later a different employee came out to help my daughter with the car she wanted to look at and never even gave me a glance.   I suspect since they saw the holster was empty they did not have anything to say to me.  About 20 minutes later we left

My second stop was at, Jerry Hedges Used cars in Carleton on Telegraph Rd.  After parking I placed my pistol in the holster and we begin to look at cars.  We spend about 1 hour looking at cars.  During that time I talked to all three employees and one customer in the car lot.  I even went inside to use the restroom where the office manager was on the phone notice me entering the building.  As I passed her my gun was clearly visible and basically at eye level to her.  After leaving the building I spend about 30 more minutes in the front of the building playing catch with my grandson as my Daughter test-drove several cars. 

They may not have even noticed, or maybe they did not care, I never seen anyone’s eyes go to the pistol.  Not one person said anything positive or negative. 
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
Re: OC Monroe County
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 05:23:18 PM »
Sounds relatively uneventful, which is good!

Although I would think you'd be more worried about being unarmed at a junkyard...  :-\
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 05:38:09 PM »
Oh yea, for sure!   I had my 40 Cal S&W good rat shooter if one attacks! lol
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
ROUS's?  :D

-=[Obscure Movie Reference!]=-
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »
Ah yes, one of the three dangers of the Fire Swamp.  Lightning Sand, Fire Spurt, and ROUS.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline FatMan

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 09:23:18 PM »
INCONCEIVABLE !!!  :o
Why do you carry that handgun every place you go? Cause it's lighter than my shotgun.