Author Topic: ALERT: Royal Oak Seeks To Create New Pistol-Free Zone  (Read 6143 times)

Offline JoeCar

Re: ALERT: Royal Oak Seeks To Create New Pistol-Free Zone
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:33:32 PM »
Michigan firearm laws will already allow the ArtsEatsBeats the prohibition of arms, but only on private property. So they should find some private grounds to have their crowded, drinking party. ArtsBeatsEats is a pickpockets paradise and an Al-Kaida dream come true.
Art. 1, Sec. 6 of the Mich. Constitution says: Every person has the right to keep and bear (show) arms for the defense of himself and the State. Our natural Rights do not come from government and thus they cannot take what was not theirs to give. All Rights reside within the whole people and those few that would collude to infringe or confiscate them are usurpers and/or tyrants. The purpose of government is to secure our Rights, not to withdraw them for false feel good safety measures. Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.(Franklin, 1759). Heed the wisdom of our Founding Fathers!

Offline emt805

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 11:31:53 PM »
There is also the fact of not having any issues that I am aware of at arts beats and eats to complain about with those that had firearms at the event.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 02:22:29 AM »
I'll be there.  These people just won't stop.  This is what I didn't get about the people that kept saying "we won. don't rub it in", it doesn't matter if we do or not, they just keep coming, the only way to shut these people down is to get out there, and be seen to show the public that there doomsday predictions don't come true, and that these people are morons, that's the point I was trying to make, well here we go again.

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 02:20:46 PM »
Wish I could attend but have classes 6:00-9:55 pm.  :'(

Offline emt805

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 07:03:32 AM »
Is anyone else attending?

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 03:41:13 AM »
I was there, as were some others, I was the one with the 3 ring binder.  I tried to stay until the vote, but it got to about 10:45, and they were still arguing over item 16, nearly screaming at each other over whether some bistro could put some tables on the other side of a side walk.  I only put 3 hours on the parking meter (that's all it can do at a time), and I was running out, plus it was getting late, so I left, and got back to the Parking Meter with 8 minutes to spare, at the rate they were going it was probably about midnight before they got to it, they may even still be there.

I found it funny that several of the agenda items were about liqueur licenses, and they were almost yelling at each other over them because it was so vitally important that they follow the law exactly, and don't break Royal Oaks Ordinances, arguing about some pool hall, and coming close to yelling at each other for about an hour, and ultimately voting to take away the guys liqueur license because he had the NERVE to extend his bar 10 feet without getting the commissions approval, even though he didn't have to, yet they approved Arts Beats And Eats's Liqueur license.

On a side note I think I might be related to one of the commissioners, I won't say who, but it was one of the ones that were practicably screaming at one of the other ones. :-[

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 02:37:31 PM »
Well isn't that ironic.

Offline PDinDetroit

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 09:51:28 PM »
http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2010/09/15/news/doc4c903c6a070bc205372248.txt

Snip

Paul Dalrymple of Royal Oak said open-carry supporters were a “non-issue” at Arts, Beats & Eats.

“There’s no evidence to support this restriction,” Dalrymple said.

He said he has written state lawmakers and he doesn’t think they will act on the city’s request.

“They can’t add up all the festival seating to come up with the 2,500 number. That’s been tried by other municipalities,” Dalrymple said.

He thinks city officials are licking their wounds after having to drop a gun-ban provision from the festival contract in August.

“They didn’t like the citizens coming in and exercising their rights. It reminds them they serve the people instead of sitting above them at the commission table,” Dalrymple said.

That's gonna leave a mark. 

I will have to seek out this Dalrymple guy, I would like to shake his hand.  :)

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 11:32:07 PM »
Yeah this guy needs a serious hand shake.

Offline emt805

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 11:47:11 PM »
still it does not matter if there is 2500 seats or 25000000 seats we are talking about oc and not cc. Good news otherwise

Offline emt805

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 04:50:03 AM »
Here is a post from the 16th
http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/09/royal_oak_asks_state_lawmakers.html
the comments that some of the people make are unreal,
Look at this one

"burgerwache September 16, 2010 at 9:33PM
It is tiring to have these morons constantly violating the state and federal constitutions. May be it is high time we take gun control for what it is: an attack against the foundations of the state and the country. In other words: TREASON. These people that commit treason need to see a few of their comrades swinging from a noose. It's time to stop tolerating gun control - it violates the state and federal constitutions. And it is an act of treason. Innocent, law-abiding people do not need to have their behavior controlled by the government."

Then there is this one who does not understand gun control.

"pdiddy September 16, 2010 at 9:52PM
I was at one of the ABE entrances on Friday night and only saw 1 person leaving with a holstered side arm. I support their rights as a law abiding US citizen to carry this weapon and didn't feel nervous given the media attention before the event made me much more aware of the laws. "

I know security entering was tight, but did anyone see the security of the event verifying the permit of the people carrying weapons? Just curious. I would be concerned with someone carrying a concealed weapon that shouldn't be carrying one. Worse yet what if someone carrying is trying to walk through the food vending area where we were all shoulder to shoulder, what is to prevent someone who had too much from obtaining that weapon? Just not the right place/time to be carrying a weapon even if you are allowed to by law. "

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 12:16:51 PM »
I will have to seek out this Dalrymple guy, I would like to shake his hand.  :)

:P

...I can help you find him if you'd like
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.