Author Topic: Kind of an OC holster  (Read 6320 times)

Offline Bronson

Kind of an OC holster
« on: September 17, 2010, 03:11:06 AM »
One of the tool vendors where I work knows I make holsters as a hobby.  He just purchased a like-new, used Philippine made 1911 and he wants to carry it when hunting and needed a field holster.  No cocked and locked and no concealment.

He hands me this thing:

and asks if I can make him one for a lefty.  I tell him I don't think I can make something that ugly ;) and start to ask him questions about what he wants.  He finally just says "You know what I want to do with it, now you tell me what I need.  You make it and I'll buy it."

This is what he's getting (the gun is mine):

I hope he likes it  :)

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline FatboyCykes

Re: Kind of an OC holster
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 05:58:39 AM »
Much prettier.  Looks like the other one was home made as well, just by someone who didn't give a hump :P

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 07:01:37 AM »
You do great work; I may have to hire you to make one for me sometime!
The Patroit Act; Turning citizens into suspects since 2001!
-------------------------------------------------
I may not like what you have to say; but, I will defend to the death your right to say it!  Voltaier

Offline hooch

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 09:09:48 AM »
You do great work; I may have to hire you to make one for me sometime!
+1 

Offline Bronson

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 03:33:19 AM »
Thanks guys.  I delivered it today and he loved it.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline DetroitBiker

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 04:31:04 AM »
Nice looking holster. I noticed the hammer is down in the pics, will the strap work with the hammer in the cocked and locked position?

Offline Bronson

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 05:25:40 AM »
Nice looking holster. I noticed the hammer is down in the pics, will the strap work with the hammer in the cocked and locked position?

I didn't even try it C&L because he said it wouldn't be carried that way.  The strap would probably work for C&L but I'm thinking it might have to be shortened a bit to keep it from being too floppy.

Bronson

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 12:11:36 PM »
Actually I think C&L the strap might provide added safety since the leather would be between the hammer and the firing pin.
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 03:42:58 PM »
+1
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline DetroitBiker

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 04:15:09 PM »
Actually I think C&L the strap might provide added safety since the leather would be between the hammer and the firing pin.

Right,the strap would act as a stopper, I was asking because the customer was looking for a hunting or field holster. and if he is hunting with the hammer down,maybe even on an empty chamber. Whatever he is hunting might hear the hammer being cocked or slide being racked before taking the shot. Even the snap alone could alert a whitetail.just sayin. I do like the Holster though. I wouldn`t mind a strapless one myself. Very nice Bronson

Offline Bronson

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 05:41:56 PM »
Right,the strap would act as a stopper, I was asking because the customer was looking for a hunting or field holster. and if he is hunting with the hammer down,maybe even on an empty chamber. Whatever he is hunting might hear the hammer being cocked or slide being racked before taking the shot. Even the snap alone could alert a whitetail.just sayin. I do like the Holster though. I wouldn`t mind a strapless one myself. Very nice Bronson

He is not using it to handgun hunt.  He is carrying the handgun while hunting.

Bronson

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 08:13:27 PM »
Bronson, check PMs please! Question about a holster!
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline DetroitBiker

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 10:22:11 PM »

He is not using it to handgun hunt.  He is carrying the handgun while hunting.

Bronson
I gotcha, hey have you ever made a holster for a SAA .45 long colt cowboy style?
I need one in black just the holster no belt.