Author Topic: Irish Music Festival  (Read 5397 times)

Offline Tha Byrdman

Irish Music Festival
« on: September 17, 2010, 09:33:56 PM »
I'm just curious if anybody on here will be at the Irish Music Festival In Muskegon. This Weekend Ill be there OCing and handing out trifolds. Hopefully all goes well and I have no bad experiences with LEO's. I believe they have been educated on the laws so I shouldnt have a problem.

Offline Tha Byrdman

Re: Irish Music Festival
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 11:57:42 PM »
i was checking the rules for the festival and it states:

Can I bring in my own cooler?

There are no coolers, pets, firearms, fireworks or weapons of any kind allowed on the Festival grounds.

Can they do this is the festival grounds consider private property? I might not be OCing at this event after all. I'm happy i found the rules.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 12:12:18 AM »
NO I don't think they are private... but I could be wrong. It seems they are applying this rule to all the festivals in Muskegon. I am 99% sure this rule is in violation of preemption.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Tha Byrdman

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 12:26:29 AM »
That's what i thought, i really don't want to take a chance and be wrong. ill just leave it lock in the car till I leave. off topic By the way nice meeting you at the Lansing Picnic. I think they should add paypal for membership on here.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 12:47:57 AM »
We are working with Gpal as PayPal is not gun friendly. This thing that is slowing down the setup is getting the database working correctly to take your member data and automatically compile it so that the membership processing can be made easier.

Soon you will be able to pay and send us your member data right from our website no mailing or checks. That will make the processing that much faster.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Tha Byrdman

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 12:54:48 AM »
thats would be awesome when i get a membership about how long does it usually take to be approve and get the perks. also u guys should think about making a discount for veterans sense you have a discount for students. Just a suggestion.

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 12:28:21 PM »
Actually I would be 100% in favor of a discount for veterans... I think that is a fine suggestion.
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 07:24:32 PM »
Actually I would be 100% in favor of a discount for veterans... I think that is a fine suggestion.

Me too!