Author Topic: How to legally carry AMMO in your car without a CPL  (Read 5507 times)

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
How to legally carry AMMO in your car without a CPL
« on: September 21, 2010, 08:28:22 PM »
Im not new to guns, hunting ect, but I am new to OCing

So here is my question.  I carry a double Magazine Pouch on my belt.  I drive 2 to 3 hundred miles a day, and OF COURSE I keep my Pistol in its travel case, in the back of the car (non trunk) Out of reach of me or any passengers (there are never any passengers just my work tools.

I asked my local Gun shop owner when i bought the pouch and he did not seem to think they was any issue with me as a NON CPL holder (hope to get it some time by November according to county clerk) putting both magazines loaded in the belt and on my hip as long as the AMMO was not near the handgun in the back of the car (at least 5 feet from my outstreched arm.

I want to keep the ammo close just in case and not picking it up from some hiding place each time I stop

Ive looked for the law on this and other than generic terms cant find any law on it!

I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline Bronson

Re: How to legally carry AMMO in your car without a CPL
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 09:00:51 PM »
As far as I know you are ok to have the loaded magazines on your hip as long as the gun is stored legally for transport.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
Re: How to legally carry AMMO in your car without a CPL
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:00:04 PM »
thats what the gun shop told me too but the last thing i need right now is a any kind of a weapons charge before my cpl is approved and I have it in hand
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!