Author Topic: Arts, Beats & Eats Noted in "America's 1st Freedom) (NRA)  (Read 6165 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Arts, Beats & Eats Noted in "America's 1st Freedom) (NRA)
« on: September 28, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »
The NRA noted the events of ABE in this month's "America's 1st Freedom" magazine on Page 21:

The Royal Oak, Mich., city commission reversed plans to ban firearms from a Labor Day festival because the plan would violate state law.  The city amended a contract with the Ford Arts, Beats & Eats festival organizers to delete the statement "no firearms permitted on the festival premises." Several gun-rights supporters attended recent city commission meetings expressing their concern that the gun ban violates Michigan firearm preemption laws.

No mention of any organized efforts or any organizations.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline BTAvery

Re: Arts, Beats & Eats Noted in "America's 1st Freedom) (NRA)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 11:20:29 PM »
Thats stupid that they didn't mention MOC.

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
  • Rock Island Armory 1911A1 FS Tactical .45 ACP
    • Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
  • First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 12:35:24 PM »
They're just jealous they didn't do it first. ;)
Big Gay Al
Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 02:12:45 PM »
They're just jealous they didn't do it first. ;)

+1

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 02:19:23 PM »
Frankly I'm glad they didn't mention MOC. I don't really want to be associated with the NRA...
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 02:58:52 PM »
Frankly I'm glad they didn't mention MOC. I don't really want to be associated with the NRA...

If the NRA would have mentioned open carry at all(just open carry,not MOC)in a positive light,they would have won back some of they're respect points in my book...
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 03:02:43 PM »
maybe a few... but they still compromise our rights away too often.

God Given Rights are NOT SUBJECT TO COMPROMISE!

...makes me  :'( a little on the inside.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 05:12:13 PM »
My primary reason for leaving the NRA was that i feel they are more worried about making money and promoting candidates than they are about promoting lawful,safe firearm ownership and carry,im not saying that they dont do those things,we all know they do(at least to an extent) but i feel they're mostly worried about money and political power these days.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 04:37:43 AM »
yes not a big nra fan, i didn't like the way they rolled over all the gun groups but themselves when the disclose act was trying to go through, thats when a lot of my faith in them dropped. not cool nra not cool!
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 07:51:49 AM »
yes not a big nra fan, i didn't like the way they rolled over all the gun groups but themselves when the disclose act was trying to go through, thats when a lot of my faith in them dropped. not cool nra not cool!

Your problem and many peoples is they do not get that the NRA is a one focus organization. They are about defending gun rights period. How they get there and how many deals they make in other areas to keep on threat focus is not their concern.

They are not in the business of protecting other gun rights org's or anything else but the 2A and gun rights. However their ability to work an exception into the disclose act had the effect of killing the whole bill. Now do you really think they are so politically stupid and inept that they didn't have a reasonable idea that this would happen?

The NRA never has been a 1A fighter or a 4A fighter and never will be. That is what other organizations are for such as the ACLU. We as gun owners have to stop buying into the anti stupidity of which many gun owners have and they spread it to others.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 03:46:53 PM »
++1 We as Michigan Open Carriers will rep. it all.  Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 04:40:39 PM »
http://nrawol.net/

...just sayin'