Author Topic: MOC @ Silver Bells -- Nov. 19  (Read 8757 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
MOC @ Silver Bells -- Nov. 19
« on: September 28, 2010, 10:35:02 PM »
All,

Silver Bells, a parade/one night festival in Lansing will be held on Nov. 19 this year.  During the festival the State Christmas tree will be lit in front of the State Capitol Building.  Please consider joining MOC to ring in the season of peace by a peaceful public display of our firearms at our State's Capitol.

Details as to time and initial meeting place will be made available as the time gets closer.  For more information: Silver Bells
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline BTAvery

Re: MOC @ Silver Bells -- Nov. 19
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 11:19:45 PM »
I wish I could and I might but probably not going to be in north eastern michigan getting me a white tail.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 01:48:10 AM »
Too bad its too late to get IN the parade...
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 01:09:52 PM »
Too bad its too late to get IN the parade...

Nah. I dont have time to make a float with 5,000+ lights anyhow...

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 06:50:38 PM »
well next year MOC could make a float!

deadline is september 1st.

I should be there this year though.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 05:15:52 AM »
i might make it, sounds like a good time
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 07:53:05 AM »
well next year MOC could make a float!

uhhh -- yeah...sure...maybe....it's possible.  I don't think it's quite a "sure thing".

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 05:02:06 PM »
I would love to go, however I will be up north that entire week hunting. Anything I can do to help prior, please let me know.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 06:52:27 PM »
At this point put me down as a possible.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 06:12:39 PM »
From TheQ:

We'll meet on November 19, 2010 between 5:45 and 5:50 PM between the big Christmas tree in front of the Capitol and the Statute that is immediately behind it (from the perspective of Michigan Avenue facing the Capitol).

For those of you who may not know where the State Capitol is, it is on the corner of Michigan Avenue and Capitol Avenue in Lansing.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 11:26:18 PM »
For those of you who may not know where the State Capitol is, it is on the corner of Michigan Avenue and Capitol Avenue in Lansing.

This is the schedule of events for Silver Bells.  As you may see, I have us meeting up prior to the "Electric Lights Parade".

I can be reached at 517.414.5209 (cell), for those of you who won't be able to meet up at the meeting time but want to catch up with the group.

Offline Master Control

• MOC Charter Member Augusta, MI.
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 01:17:16 AM »
Greetings TheQ;

Great Idea & Great Plan, but sorry that I cant make the 1hr 1/2 drive to Lansing in a timely fashion.
Non-Local Business hour events have always been a challedge for me, but you folks have a great time.

I shall try to make your next one.

Carry On
"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
,,, So Mote Be