Author Topic: oc in part galore auto junk yard in detroit 8 mile/ hoover  (Read 10371 times)

Offline keyman

oc in part galore auto junk yard in detroit 8 mile/ hoover
« on: September 30, 2010, 05:51:12 PM »
Im a noob to oc ,just started after the oc meeting in clarkston ,I have been cc for 10 years .
Im not sure if anyone has been at parts galore  before  but you can walk back into the yard and pull off your own parts you need for your vehicle ,I needed a couple of ignition switch parts ,so I went  there real quick went in yard got my parts and went to the cashier paid and just as I walked out a man that worked their aproached me and asked if I was a roseville police officer?
I replied no .he said I was not allowed to bring any weapons inside .I said I didnt see any signs posted ,he said I will show you the sign ,we walked back inside and shure enough there was a sign just before you walked out into the yard .
saying NO WEAPONS ALLOWED ,I then said thank you for showing me the sign but I was looking for a sign when I approached the building not after I was in the building and walking out to the yard .I must of missed it .I guess I could of asked him about the hammers ,knifes and screwdrivers people take back there to remove there parts could be used as weapons as well ,but he was really nice about it and I said it would not happen again and left .
Should there have been a sign posted at the front door before I walked in or doesnt it matter how they post it ?

Offline smellslikemichigan

• MOC Member
Re: oc in part galore auto junk yard in detroit 8 mile/ hoover
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 06:04:24 PM »
good job.  sounds like you were reasonable.  hard to believe they put a sign inside and not outside.  dumb.
"I like users who quote themselves in their signature lines." -smellslikemichigan

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 07:33:03 PM »
Should there have been a sign posted at the front door before I walked in or doesnt it matter how they post it ?

In order to be enforceable in and of itself, it has to be placed in a spot clearly visible on or near the entrance.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 11:23:58 PM »
they are probably concerned about the ring of international junk auto parts thieves. i can see how they would want to protect that.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 12:19:12 PM »
sounds like an out-of-sight/out-of-mind situation to me.
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 08:25:18 PM »
they are probably concerned about the ring of international junk auto parts thieves. i can see how they would want to protect that.

;D ;D ;D

LMAO! +1
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 01:55:23 AM »
no sign saying no weapons allowed is enforeceable, someone must tell you. a sign in and of itself really is a waste of money. they still have a sign at the school of my daughter and i walk right by it when i pick her up. it says

Weapon Free School Zone Violater Will Be Proscecuted! the it goes on to name guns knives mace peppersprays and a few other things and images of gun knives are also banned!

it looks quite expensive, and its a very eye cathching sign indeed, its also a complete waste of money.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline Michigander

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »
For the convenience and price, I go there regularly, concealing. I've been going there for years, carrying various weapons, sometimes if nothing else I'd have a large prybar in my hand and a good knife in my pocket, but these days always a gun IWB.

I don't really care about their rules, because frankly I don't want to get my guns muddy or wet or just dirty, nor do I want to be in a funny position pulling parts when one of their lesser customers decides to mess with me. It's a big place where you could get attacked and few might notice. Plus, it's in Detroit, and I almost never OC there unless at or near a friends house, or at a BIG event, on account of a deep mistrust for a large portion of Detroit's justice system. So I would be concealing, with or without their rules.

That's been my SOP when I go there to get parts for your car.  :P

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 01:19:49 PM »

That's been my SOP when I go there to get parts for your car.  :P

ha ha, lets all laugh at creamsicle's crapbox  :P

lol
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 01:43:46 PM »
ha ha, lets all laugh at creamsicle's crapbox  :P

Wow, that could mean...sooo many things.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 12:53:34 AM »
i'll join in on the laugh, but its not such a bad car,  ;D
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.