Author Topic: Wayne State PD  (Read 6020 times)

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
Wayne State PD
« on: October 20, 2010, 02:01:07 AM »
I think Wayne State Police Department needs to be given a copy of the LEO Packet.  On tonight's episode of Parking Wars there was a vehicle with a boot on it and the owner tried to kick it off so the Parking Authority decided to have the car impounded and the owner took a HOLSTERED handgun from his vehicle and tucked it into his waist band and the PA over reacted and called for the police.

Wayne State PD showed up and their Sgt told the guy; on camera, "FIRST OF ALL WHEN YOU HAVE A CCW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE CONCEALED CORRECT?  AT NO POINT WHEN YOU HAVE A CONCEALED WEAPON AM I SUPPOSED TO SEE IT UNLESS YOUR USING IT" then he went on to  say he was going to forward a report Gun Board so they can act on it!

This incident happened on a city street and in the end the weapon was returned to the owner and they took his car.

I'm not sure who can send them the Packet in an attempt to educate them on open carry laws here in MI.  Unfortunately the Sgts name was not given on the air.

I just copied and uploaded the segment of the show in this incident. 

This is only a few seconds of the show featuring the officer specifically giving the bad information to a citizen who has a valid MI CPL!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:22:09 AM by northofnowhere »
The Patroit Act; Turning citizens into suspects since 2001!
-------------------------------------------------
I may not like what you have to say; but, I will defend to the death your right to say it!  Voltaier

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
Re: Wayne State PD
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 02:12:36 AM »
Wow I must be tired that post was full of typos and I can’t edit it to correct them!  My bad

I may not like what you have to say; but, I will defend to the death your right to say it!  Voltaier

Offline Michigander

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 07:08:41 PM »
If you want to piss them off, file a FOIA with a copy of the video, asking for the officers name, rank, badge number, and copies of any and all open carry related information/training he has been given by the department. There are plenty of other things you could ask for, but that would be a good start.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 03:21:33 PM »
...copies of any and all open carry related information/training he has been given by the department...

Remember, MCOLES has stated that every law enforcement officer has indeed received training on the legality of open carry. We need to start exposing the egg on their faces when they prove they weren't paying attention in class. Makes you wonder how they passed the exam!

By the way, anyone really think the meter maid over-reacted? Granted, I didn't see the video but... Put any of us in this situaiton. You just witnessed this person displaying violence and a wanton disregard for public property. Now you just made the decision to tow their ride and cost them a few hundred bucks on top of the rest of the crap they have to deal with. (Granted, it was probably deserved.) And now they are armed. What color level are you in now? I would have made the call too.
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline rasher

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 12:08:57 AM »
They know, a certain bicycle riding member on another MI forum has had plenty of dealings with them.

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 09:05:15 AM »
This incident occurred prior to MCOLES advising all officers of the legalities of OC here in MI.

Interestingly enough I ran into a Sergeant from Detroit PD at about 5 am this morning; I was OC, and he asked me about it and said recently the Department was made aware of OC being legal but had yet to run into anyone doing so.

We spoke for a bit and went our separate ways.  He had a few questions about OC, never asked my name or even if I held a CPL.  He did ask why I was carrying a pistol; supposedly out of curiosity and I simple said “hey I’m white and I live in Detroit!”  He got a good laugh at that. All in all it was a good encounter and I was happy to see DPD has in fact been made aware of OC!

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 09:27:20 AM »
cough**what typos**cough

there are a lot of settings we in IT can do to how and when you can edit your posts, well, a couple settings and a lot of options for those two things.  I will look into extending it a bit.   I believe I set those months ago based on one of my pet peeves.  That would be people posting, everyone commenting and quoting and discussing, then the thread starter OP person coming in and deleting or completely changing his post.

In addition, Firefox spell checks posts for you as you make them, it is my best friend and works wonders.  I am a horrid typer, speller, and pretty bad with grammar unless I am really focusing and thinking it out, which is pretty rare.  I also make a lot of the same simple reverse letters when the one finger is faster then the other finger type mistakes and Firefox really saves me a lot of embarrassment, not all of it, but a lot.  Not sure how IE handles the issue at all.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 09:40:11 AM »
... Not sure how IE handles the issue at all.

llal; Microshaft making things easy on their rape victims; opps I mean customers!  Thanks for the laugh. 

Anyway if I'm to mistaken you can limit the amount of time a poster has to edit a posting or the number of times a post can be edited by a poster.  If this system allows for a limited timeline for edits I would thank 10 to 15 minuets before the edit is locked out.

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 02:49:45 PM »
I recall setting that setting, and I was thinking I had done 15 minutes and would up it, but it is already at 6 hours, so I think that is more then enough for more situations, if not too much, so I did not touch it this time around.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher