Author Topic: How do you keep the piece in your car?  (Read 12957 times)

Offline emt805

Re: How do you keep the piece in your car?
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 01:13:55 AM »
When not carrying I carry in the center fold down console in the back rest of the center seat. I was pulled over in taylor tonight as the lights turned on behind me I pulled into a shopping center as the leo walks up to the car it is in park with the dome light on, window down and my hands on the wheel with the seatbelt on, as he gets about two feet from the window he asks "where is your gun?" before I could say either I have a cpl and I have a fire arm in the center console. I inform him of it's location he asks for license cpl insurance and registration. I tell him that my license and cpl is in my wallet that I would have to reach near the center console to pull out those items, he tells me he does not have a problem with cpl holders as long as the gun stays put I inform in that I have to reach over the center console to get my insurance and registration out of the glove box once again he asks where the gun is located at and tells me to get the items from the glove box. at that point he informs me that I was stopped for doing 11 over the posted speed limit, I knew I was doing at least 5 over the limit being late for work. I ended up getting a $150 ticket for impeding traffic and not for speeding. As I pulled out a state trooper passed by, (possibly to assist? )

that is the first time I have been stopped since getting my cpl, I was suprised at how fast after stopping me he knew I had a cpl, he was not folling me he was sitting then pulled out right behind me and lit me up. I would think he would not of had enough time to call in my plate number and get a response that fast.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 09:16:57 AM »
This is a valuable lesson that everyone can learn. It's costly to get a speeding ticket and the stop still makes you late. I'm guessing... that each locale may have a list of who has a cpl in their jurisdiction of patrol. I know that in March of this year, I was crossing into Canada at the Port Huron site, and the border officer on the Canadian side, after running my driver's license asked me, "Are you carrying a firearm into Canada?" This made me think that we are all registered through our driver's license. Cpl is not on the license, but the info must be attached in the lein (law enforcement information network) system.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 02:55:01 PM »
Joe when they run your name that's when they find out you have a CPL. If they run your plate and you are the registered owner they will know that the registered owner has a CPL.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 09:21:38 PM »
me being without a cpl,they stay encased and in the back.

on private property where i legally can,i keep a velcro on gun rack attached to the back of the front seats,making them obtainable from the passenger area. ,and i have a single gun holder that is a bolt on,but i havent figured out where i want it yet,i was thinking between the B pillar and drivers seat(thats for long arms)

handguns,i have a 5 dollar airsoft holster i have attached to my E brake lever,which sits on the passenger side of the center console between the console and front passenger seat.
again,please keep in mind such things are only used on private property that i have the legal right to do so on.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »
I have a Pontiac Solstice.  The middle of the passenger compartment has the drive shaft "hump".  Part of the "hump" is hard plastic.  I have an "industrial strength" velcro patch purchased from JoAnn Fabrics stuck to the plastic portion.  When the IWB holster is velcro'd in, the handle is facing the direction of my reach.

Lord help me if my Springfield XDM ever fires, it'll shoot me in the accelerator foot!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline emt805

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 02:19:42 AM »
This is a valuable lesson that everyone can learn. It's costly to get a speeding ticket and the stop still makes you late. I'm guessing... that each locale may have a list of who has a cpl in their jurisdiction of patrol.  This made me think that we are all registered through our driver's license. Cpl is not on the license, but the info must be attached in the lein (law enforcement information network) system.

I was stopped on my way to work in taylor I live down in lenawee county he only ran my plate and walked up to the car and said "where's your gun?" Assuming I had one and was the registered owner of the truck at the same time I am guessing. I was going to disclose to him once he was at the window rather than yell that I had a gun in the truck, but he at about 3 ft away is when he asked still approaching the window.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 04:34:51 PM »
I have a Pontiac Solstice.  The middle of the passenger compartment has the drive shaft "hump".  Part of the "hump" is hard plastic.  I have an "industrial strength" velcro patch purchased from JoAnn Fabrics stuck to the plastic portion.  When the IWB holster is velcro'd in, the handle is facing the direction of my reach.

Lord help me if my Springfield XDM ever fires, it'll shoot me in the accelerator foot!

i Do like your setup.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.