Author Topic: has anyone oc'd at westview cider mill or in washington twp ?  (Read 5750 times)

Offline keyman

has anyone oc'd at westview cider mill or in washington twp ?
« on: October 09, 2010, 10:03:49 PM »
im going to take a trip to the cider mill in washington twp ,has anyone had bad encounters their ?
im in the roseville area no real problems today  at cony island, bestbuy ,and home depot ,they are very friendly
when I oc at those places .

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
Re: has anyone oc'd at westview cider mill or in washington twp ?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 04:14:52 PM »
I have not had many issues in Roseville. I think there is National Coney there I've been to a few times. Don't know about the cider mill but it could go either way. Rural areas will either be extra friendly, or they will be very "you can't do that in my town"
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline keyman

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:54:58 PM »
well I went with the family and I chickened out ,I didnt want my family to have to leave and ruin their day if I got kicked out .
I will keep ocing around my own neighborhood till im comfortable outside my bubble . :-[

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 10:11:02 PM »
Hey Keyman, just arrange with the wife, that if they say no guns, then you'll go back to the car and secure it, and then rejoin them, without the firearm. That should cover you both ways. No guts, no glory!

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 01:38:41 AM »
well I went with the family and I chickened out ,I didnt want my family to have to leave and ruin their day if I got kicked out .
I will keep ocing around my own neighborhood till im comfortable outside my bubble . :-[

I respect that. You shouldn't do it if you aren't comfortable. We support you  ;)

At the same time though, my motto is 'fake it till you make it'
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline Quball

• Skull Works LLC
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 12:33:28 AM »
The owner is a good friend of mine.  I will talk to him tomorrow and see what he says.  He is an avid hunter.  Very good question.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »
Not Westview, but I did OC at Blakes a few weeks ago without incident. (The one on 35? Mile) However, I was also OC'ing a baby with me too so that might have influenced the totality of the situation...
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 06:27:20 AM »
i haven't had any issues in washington twp, its like right down the street from macomb twp.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline Quball

• Skull Works LLC
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 01:47:14 PM »
I got a chance to talk to the owner at Westview.  He was not aware that you could open carry in Michigan.  I let him know the question that was brought up.  He does not have a problem with people concealing, but he preferred people did not open carry.  I asked him if signs were posted.  He said there was nothing posted and he will address the issue next year.