Author Topic: 2A rally in Lansing April 13th.  (Read 4910 times)

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
2A rally in Lansing April 13th.
« on: April 09, 2010, 03:35:50 PM »
This is next Tuesday, I hope you can make it and bring your family and friends. Go here for maps of downtown and more info. http://secondamendmentmarch.com/michigan

Lansing Speakers to date:

Keynote Speaker: Michigan Attorney General MIKE COX:

Skip Coryell, Founder, Second Amendment March
Skip is a well know author, publisher, speaker, firearms instructor and staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment. He is happily married with 6 children and lives in Michigan.

Dar Leaf, Sheriff Barry County, MI
Dar Leaf is one of the most pro-Second Amendment Sheriffs in the state. Dar has been in law enforcement for 22 years. He is an NRA Training Counselor, teaching CPL classes here in Michigan. Dar is a Black Belt Karate Instructor and a former national Champion. He is also on the MCRGO Board of Directors. He is an Oathkeeper (www.oathkeepers.org) and a staunch defender of the right to keep and bear arms.

Joel Sheltrown, (D) Michigan Representative 103 District For a bio on Mr. Sheltrown go here: http://103.housedems.com/biography/

Rick Jones, (R) Michigan Representative 71 District
State Representative Rick Jones lives in Grand Ledge and was re-elected to his third term in the Michigan House of Representatives. He represents the 71st District.

Rick Jones was first elected to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2004. Prior to this, he worked 33 years in law enforcement, serving over 30 years with the Eaton County Sheriff Department. Rick started as a deputy and worked his way up through the ranks as sergeant, lieutenant, and captain before being elected sheriff in 2000.

Representative Jones is the author of the Michigan self-defense law and was instrumental in getting it passed.

Paul Opsommer (R) State Representative 93 District.
Mr. Opsommer is the Vice Chair of the House Transportation Committee. He is a strong advocate for the right to keep and bare arms having authored or co-authored many pro-gun bills.

Brian Calley: (R) State representative 87 District

Mr. Buckner, President, Michigan Gun Owners.
Mr. Buckner is a certified NRA Instructor. Rick is intensely involved with other firearm education groups in the state; Rick is Vice President of Michigan 2A and honored to be the president of Michigan Gun Owners.

Mr. Jeff Sayers, President, Michigan Open Carry, Inc.

Jeff Sayers is President of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. Jeff is a devoted family man married to his wife Nicole and the loving father of their one year old son Alexander. Jeff works in the construction materials industry. He and his family are lifelong residents of Michigan and live in Eastpointe.

Jeff lives his life with three top priorities in mind, God, family and his country. Jeff is also thankful that God has given him the ability to see the importance of standing up for American freedoms not only for himself but for his son, so that he too too may enjoy this great country we call The United States of America.

Joel Ferguson: Southside Sportsman Club, Freedom Firearms. Battle Creek, MI

Linda Garcia:   National Precinct Alliance Project

The Band HIGH CLASS TRUCKERS will be playing before and after the speakers on the Capitol Lawn. Members of the band are:
Nathan Nephew - Drums
Darrell Boger - Lead Guitar
Nicho Carey - Guitar
Rob Logan - Bass
Bob Wilson - Vocals

Clint's Hot dogs will be on site for those that want a bite to eat.

Capital Area Parking

During weekdays, parking is a major problem around the Capitol. Although there is metered parking on all streets around Capitol Square, it is not adequate to handle the number of individuals who desire to park close to the Capitol.

There are six parking ramps within three blocks of the Capitol:
Boji Parking Ramp at the corner of Capitol and Allegan, the ramp at the corner of Townsend and Washtenaw.

The City Parking Ramp at Capitol and Kalamazoo.
The City Parking Ramp at the intersection of Allegan and Grand.
The City Parking Ramp at Ottawa and Grand.
The City Parking Ramp at Capitol and Shiawassee.

Parking space for cars and vans is also available in the Michigan Library and Historical Center parking lot.

There are approximately 78 metered city parking spaces around Capitol Square on Walnut, Ottawa, Capitol and Allegan Streets.

Walnut 20 metered spaces
Capitol 21 metered spaces
Allegan 19 metered spaces
Ottawa 18 metered spaces
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
Re: 2A rally in Lansing April 13th.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 01:09:16 PM »
Thank you to all those that attended and helped me set up and tear down.  It was great going to Kewpie's for a sandwich and soft drinks with a few of you after the rally.

Thanks again for all your help.

Brian
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 01:33:03 PM »
It was a good time! Glad to be there!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Bronson

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 04:45:12 PM »
I had a great time at the march and the restaurant after....the back and forth banter at the restaurant was great  :D   I always like putting faces to the forum names, although I'll never remember most of your real names.

Thanks for the hard work and effort that went into putting this together.

Bronson

Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline fbuckner

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 10:24:48 PM »
Thank you to all those that attended and helped me set up and tear down.  It was great going to Kewpie's for a sandwich and soft drinks with a few of you after the rally.

Thanks again for all your help.

Brian

Brian are there any pictures the Wife would like to have at least one of my speech and my 5 minutes in the lime light.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 10:29:53 PM »
I saw some pictures... so I am sure someone got some.

I have a voice recording of you as well as the other speakers and once I get it processed it will be posted.

Ok here are some links.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glavere/sets/72157623847982246/

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/42200.html

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/42211.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 10:41:04 PM by autosurgeon »
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline fbuckner

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 11:21:21 PM »
Darn so far none with me in them :-\ Im chopped liver LOL.