Author Topic: Pfc. Shane M. Reifert  (Read 7624 times)

Offline emt805

Pfc. Shane M. Reifert
« on: November 15, 2010, 07:40:30 PM »
Will anyone else be attending Wed? I am suprised no one has brought it up here since it is a big deal on MGO, though it was announced today they wish we not OC

"Folks,

As a Founder of MGO, friend of Karcent and Patriot Guard rider. I just want to say we are there to Honor Shane. We are there to Honor his family and show the utmost respect to the family.

Please leave any dealing with protesters to the local PD. I spoke with them tonight and they are well aware of the multiple messages from the protesting groups. They will handle it. We are there to provide a flag line. Lets make it a big long flag line which is all the family and friends will see.

Do not open carry. Do not cause a scene. Do not create a spectacle. Show respect to Shane, Karcent and famiy. If any protesters are there they will have video.

Thanks " posted by taurus92

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112230

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Pfc. Shane M. Reifert
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 09:30:48 PM »
If OC is your normal mode.. I see no reason not to... I never like it when people equate OC with making a scene.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 09:43:25 PM »
I carry a gun every where I can lawfuly do so. 99.9% of the time it is carried mexican. I know it is not "OC" per se. But that is how I carry. So is the founder of MGO telling me not to come? That's what is sounds like to me. If my method of carry is not to his liking then he doesn't want me there to show my respect for the sacrifice this fellow warrior has made. Has he told the protestors not to come and engage in their lawful activities also. (Soon hopefully to be decided unlawful by SCOTUS.) So why would he tell me not to engage in a lawful activity. Fudd!!!

Disclaimer: This post is not intended to be provocative. The reader is solely responsible for any provocation inferred. The writer is not responsible for any provocation resultant from the reading of this post.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline emt805

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 12:47:19 AM »
I was not trying to start anything, I just wanted to see if anyone from this site would be attending to put faces with names. Maybe do an oc lunch after if there is enough people attending?

Offline JSteinmetz

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 06:18:56 PM »
Anyone who wants to go should be aware of the wonderful church group who will be in town from Kansas protesting.

Here's a link to the flyers they are circulating -
http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/20101114_Dead-Soldier-Marine-City-MI-Shane-Reifert.pdf

There's supposed to be thousands of local VFW coming in for the funeral to show support.  I'd be careful OC.  Not that I think anything is wrong with it, but I'd hate to give these nutballs any more ammo to use.  This is supposed to be a quiet time of mourning for the family (who I do actually know personally), and I'd hate to think that we brought about any more discomfort for them.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 07:53:37 PM »
I think you will find our members and those who OC in MI are mostly a great group of guys and gals. I have every confidence that they will conduct themselves in an exemplary fashion.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline JSteinmetz

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 08:27:33 PM »
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to infer anything. I was more concerned with response from the zealots, not the OC guys.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 08:38:27 PM »
I figured that was your concern. I just wanted to help lay any concerns to rest.