Author Topic: You Open Carry but do not have a CPL  (Read 6924 times)

Offline 13mile9

You Open Carry but do not have a CPL
« on: November 22, 2010, 10:30:13 PM »
I attempted to search other threads for this topic, but did not find this particular topic (please forgive me if I missed it somewhere).  In reading many threads, OC Experiences, OC suggestions, etc..., I have wondered how many folks are choosing not to aquire a CPL.  Or, you have been OC'n, and not obtained a CPL for one reason or the other.  Out of curiosity, who chooses to OC, not have a CPL; and your philosophy, reasoning behind it.   PLEASE NOTE: my question isn't why OC versus CC; but, why might someone refuse to get the CPL and just OC.   

Offline BTAvery

Re: You Open Carry but do not have a CPL
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 12:02:46 AM »
Well my reason is because apparently I can vote and die for this country yet I can't drink (btw I think drinking in moderation is acceptable) or have a cpl. Just so were clear I'm 18 and can't have a cpl when I turn 21 I will get a cpl and will continue OCing just will do it all over instead of very limited amount I can and do now.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 12:06:40 AM »
 :D ;D Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 12:56:55 PM »
age restricted here too,the only reason id get one at 21 is if there is still issues about car carry and into places that sell alcohol for off premises consumption.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 01:57:12 PM »
age restricted here too,the only reason id get one at 21 is if there is still issues about car carry and into places that sell alcohol for off premises consumption.

Yeah those are the same reasons I want it if it wasn't for those I wouldn't get it.

Offline JSteinmetz

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 09:53:46 AM »
I'm actually the opposite of you guys.  I've had my CPL for two years now, but never looked into OC before.  I saw the sign on 21 mile (ish) and I-94 about this board, and joined up.  I have to say, it definitely makes OC easier if you do have your CPL, but I'm not sure if I'd get mine if I didn't already have it.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Bronson

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 12:26:24 PM »
Even if the car carry and PFZ issues were removed I would still get one.  It gives me options and I like options.  There is also the reciprocity issue and if they remove the License To Purchase requirement like has been proposed the CPL would negate the 1000' Fed. School Zone restriction.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 01:31:37 PM »
Yea, I did it backwards as well.  I've had to be "schocked" out of all the myths/non-truths/mis-interpretations that have been communicated in regard to CC and OC...when I recieved my CPL.     Takes a while to digest everything.  Our Michigan CPL is a beautiful thing,  however, I did cringe when I had to give my finger prints.  I've stayed out of the system all these years, and now, they've got a little more info about me.   Don't like that.

I always encourage folks to get a CPL, even if they don't intend to carry...purchase purposes, freedom in transport, etc..., and maybe one day changing their mind.   Not ever OC'n without a CPL, I can't imagine what you folks go through until you are able to get your CPL.  I would think it is much more work, mental focus, awareness, concern not having the CPL when you OC.   

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 05:38:36 PM »
Even if the car carry and PFZ issues were removed I would still get one.  It gives me options and I like options.  There is also the reciprocity issue and if they remove the License To Purchase requirement like has been proposed the CPL would negate the 1000' Fed. School Zone restriction.

Bronson

thats why we need to get that 1000' thing removed and push for fed. legislation giving us all Arizona style laws (no permit needed)with national preemption and reciprocity!
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline Kalvin6996

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »

Bronson

thats why we need to get that 1000' thing removed and push for fed. legislation giving us all Arizona style laws (no permit needed)with national preemption and reciprocity!

I'm all for that, i was denied for a suspended license over 6 years ago.. so now i have to wait another two years to even get my CPL.. i still don't see how a suspended license from when i was a child young and dumb has to do with me being an adult and not being able to protect my self. I'm not racist or anything but we live next to Dearborn the highest populated Arab community in North America not to mention Detroit i feel entitled i should be able to carry regardless especially if i do not have any drug charges/felony charges.

Offline RenegadeMarine

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 10:12:24 PM »

Bronson

I'm all for that, i was denied for a suspended license over 6 years ago.. so now i have to wait another two years to even get my CPL.. i still don't see how a suspended license from when i was a child young and dumb has to do with me being an adult and not being able to protect my self. I'm not racist or anything but we live next to Dearborn the highest populated Arab community in North America not to mention Detroit i feel entitled i should be able to carry regardless especially if i do not have any drug charges/felony charges.

What was the original charge that led to your suspension, maybe that is what disqualified you?

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 12:20:00 AM »
LEO's are denying for anything they think they can get away with,only way to get around it is a lawyer.

Heck,Lansing has been denying me new purchase permits ever since i reported a few officers to IA,and i have no criminal record.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 12:24:03 AM »
 Law is if you drive with your license suspended 1st offence you have to wait 4yrs 2nd offence 8yrs from time you put in your CPL. I feel it is ??? ???
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Kalvin6996

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 12:27:22 AM »
Had to many points on my license, didn't get the driving rehabilitation thing in the mail where i had to go get interviewed. Ended up getting pulled over and arrested is how i found out lol