Author Topic: Legislation  (Read 4701 times)

Offline KelticKowboy

Legislation
« on: April 14, 2010, 10:34:29 AM »
Does anyone have a list of bills that we should be calling on our legislature for to tell them we support.
KK

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Legislation
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:45:53 AM »
Michigan Gun Owners has a nice section on their forum here http://www.migunowners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221

They do a pretty good job of updating as well.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

stainless1911

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 12:09:13 PM »
Go here : http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(yskqfkrfoisg1r55vgzfzg2c))/mileg.aspx?page=Home

Then enter for instance "firearms", in the box on the upper right.

Bookmark this site, and when you want to look up a law, just go to the box on the lower left, and enter the MCL number, for instance, "750.234d"

Try it and see.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 08:58:22 PM »
Michigan Open Carry is looking forward to Mr. Brian Jeffs taking the reigns as our state researcher. Part of what he will be doing is sending emails out to our members when there is suggested actions for us to take, such as writing our legislators. Brian will be getting involved upon his return from Washington, DC.
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Warchild

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 09:28:10 PM »
Congrats and our thanks to you Brian...I can't think of a better person for the job.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 09:48:12 PM »
Congrats and our thanks to you Brian...I can't think of a better person for the job.

I second this!! Brian will do a splendid job in this capacity!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Bronson

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 12:22:30 PM »
I second this!! Brian will do a splendid job in this capacity!

Agreed.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine