Author Topic: Motorists, keep your guns in their holsters.  (Read 6775 times)

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline BTAvery

Re: Motorists, keep your guns in their holsters.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 06:54:08 PM »
I really don't understand how people get so mad. I mean everyone gets angry for a second but if you don't have enough self control to say wait this isn't a good idea you shouldn't be carrying yet alone operating a vehicle. Well hopefully there convicted and have their cpl revoked and barred from getting it again. One of the comments was about the guys age and there right these guys were like 30+ I don't understand how you haven't gotten control in that amount of time.

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 09:53:59 PM »
I unsnapped my holster while driving, thought the guy behind me was acting a bit aggressively, possibly threatening, as I tend to do the speed limit and it seems to seriously upset some folks.  I cannot fathom a situation while driving that I would draw and aim my weapon at another driver, unless of course, he had already done that himself.

I really hope these incidents have more to them that the police and media has not released.  If not, well, enjoy your newly elevated felony status ex-CPL holders.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »
i don't get it either. when idiots annoy me i wait until i get home and play Grand Theft Auto Vice City video game. i drive around in the game looking for a car like the one that pissed me off and chase them down and smash their car or get out and throw a grenade or rocket launcher at them. maybe automatic gunfire first. i feel much better. people say violent video games promote or provoke violent behavior. i disagree. it's a great stress relief.
idiots pointing their guns like that damage our credibility to LEO and the public. kind of hard to defend carrying when people throw these examples back at us. it only takes one bad apple.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 10:31:47 PM »
i don't get it either. when idiots annoy me i wait until i get home and play Grand Theft Auto Vice City video game. i drive around in the game looking for a car like the one that pissed me off and chase them down and smash their car or get out and throw a grenade or rocket launcher at them. maybe automatic gunfire first. i feel much better. people say violent video games promote or provoke violent behavior. i disagree. it's a great stress relief.
idiots pointing their guns like that damage our credibility to LEO and the public. kind of hard to defend carrying when people throw these examples back at us. it only takes one bad apple.

LOL totally agree about the video games. When I was reading the article one guy pointed out a valid fact 3 idiots out of the (place large number here) people that carry.

The thing that just boggles my mind is that there all 30+ and yet still can't control their emotions.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 12:15:58 AM »
All 3 are very lucky to be alive.

Road rage is one thing. Scream, yell, hand gestures, etc are acceptable forms of response to getting cut off.

An acceptable response to felonious assault with a deadly weapon is seven warning shots to the chest.

"He was flashing his high beams at me and I had to defend myself." That's going to sit well with the jury.

4 years for the assault and 2 for the use of a weapon in the commission of the felony. That's getting off pretty easy compared to what the result could have been.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline emt805

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 12:58:21 AM »
Maybe the cops in taylor should be informed of this

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112945

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 01:35:41 AM »
If you would be so kind could you summarize what it says or quote it I would like to know but not registered at migunowners.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 09:21:47 AM »
If you would be so kind could you summarize what it says or quote it I would like to know but not registered at migunowners.

A not so funny thing happened on the way to the gun range.

Let me first apologize for any typos, etc.. I'm still really rattled.

I was headed out to shoot a couple guns. Driving down Telegraph (south). Apparently some lady in an SUV tried to come into my lane (while I was still in it), I honked and swerved to avoid a collision. A little further down the road she caught up in the lane next to me pointed her gun at me and "painted" my chest with the laser sight.

In the span of 1 second: I freaked the F out, thought of pulling my weapon, while hitting the brakes and grabbed my cell Phone to call 911.

Of course my phone wasn't working (charged but I forgot to shut it off after updating programing, so it had to cycle on again), plugged it in and called Taylor Police. While connecting I wrote down her license number, spoke to TPD and gave a description of: her, the suv, the gun, location/direction or travel.

I was driving quite a bit behind her but updating location, etc...Taylor got a car out to the area, and effectuated a stop. And asked me to pull over (officer on the phone), so I stopped at the parking lot down the street from where they pulled her over (behind them).

Notified the other officers of my CPL and weapon. I got a nice frisking, they took my weapon, didn't seem to concerned about the other guns I told them about in the car, then took my statement. Man was I nervous, and shaky.

My life was in imminent danger when she pointed the gun at me (her finger was on the trigger, lucky she didn't sneeze or hit a pothole), but I made the decision to retreat and let the authorities handle it.

I decided to go to the range (can't simulate the stress and nerves I was feeling) and shot decently well.

She told the cops she was fearful for her life because of road rage (hello, she had to catch up to me). They didn't buy it. They said she was 21-22 years old, and she didn't think what she did was wrong, certainly not a felony.

Thanks to the guys at TGSS for letting me shoot. I was shaky and nervous, but they were super nice. Sorry if I made anyone else shooting nervous.
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 05:29:20 PM »
Cool thanks and HOLY CRAP. Well, theres bad apples out there whatcha gonna do. This one makes more sense though 21-22 year old. I still don't understand how people have road rage maybe we need to have classes at school dealing with anger management because apparently parents aren't doing their job.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 10:52:14 PM »
I think the teen bopper was brandishing as well. She is young and retarded. I hope they give her community service as well as take her gun. as a judge told me once upon a time: "Ignorance of the law is no excuse!"

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 10:59:33 PM »
what i got out of the story was SUV + laser sight = $$$$$$  sue her
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 11:58:55 PM »
Well theres financial gain for him but talk about an instant heart attack

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 12:40:10 PM »
I have a holster attached to the front of my drivers seat. My gun is hidden under my legs while driving yet instantly accessible. The only time my gun has come out of the holster was when I was in the drive thru of a 24 hour McDonalds late at night.  I'm waiting for my food(far too long) when I notice a shady character standing next to the building up ahead. With cars in front and back of me I'm trapped. I put my gun in my lap under my coat. I'll tell you what, the shitty food wasn't worth the worry. I still can't figure out what that dude was doing there.

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
  • Charter Member Mundy Twp.
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 12:20:30 PM »
  First I don't know what I'd do if I felt threatened while driving, especially in my Semi truck. Second A gun holstered on your hip in a car with a seat belt on is about the same as a trigger lock. Mine is console ready, and I practice reaching for it. Third with any license your going to get a certain percentage of idiots. We just have to remember that this changes nothing when it comes to the 2nd Amend., Open Carry, and the Fire arm it's self. What we have to do is keep forging forward with our message. Keeping your gun holstered will not prevent any one from loosing their temper.
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!