Author Topic: open carry detainment how long?  (Read 10607 times)

Offline kwikrnu

• AmmoDump
open carry detainment how long?
« on: January 03, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »
I have a civil rights 1983 suit pending in the 6th circuit. It is in the middle tennessee district c:10-cv-0126 . The law enforcement officer who detained me for about 2.5 hours is asking for summary judgment. I don't trust the courts but the judge may come out with an order soon.

Here is a link to the defendant's supplemental motion for summary judgment filed 12-28-10.

I carried a legal ak-47 type pistol in a legal area and they admit I threatened no one. Is that enough not to be harrassed? The order in this case might hold some precedence in future 6th circuit cases which is why I posted it here.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: open carry detainment how long?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 11:42:37 PM »
Wow! What a crock...they didn't know much of anything did they? Kwik you really need a lawyer to help on this if possible. It is clear they are using all the resources at hand to attempt to discredit you. If the Judge is unbiased I think this motion will be denied, however they have the State AG batting for them. Have you considered contacting the ACLU? NRA etc? Also I was stopped for carrying a legal long gun recently & the PD made damn sure the stop was under 15min (12 to be exact). If that tells you anything about Terry Stops? They measured this thing for 10 of the 12 minutes, I guess hoping it would "magically shrink"? Before they grudgingly gave it back and left me alone on my own property no less. {FASCISTS} wanna bees LOL!

"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline kwikrnu

• AmmoDump
Re: open carry detainment how long?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 11:46:32 PM »
Wow! What a crock...they didn't know much of anything did they? Kwik you really need a lawyer to help on this if possible. It is clear they are using all the resources at hand to attempt to discredit you. If the Judge is unbiased I think this motion will be denied, however they have the State AG batting for them. Have you considered contacting the ACLU? NRA etc?

I contact GOA, NRA, SAF, and the ACLU. None wanted anything to do with it. I have an attorney, but the defendant has two lawyers on this and all the resources of the State AG.