Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 11980 times)

Offline Michhunter

Hello Everyone
« on: March 03, 2011, 02:03:48 PM »
         Hello everyone new to the forum I am just getting into the open carry thought's. I have been thinking about starting a carry but not sure what or were or if there is a time to or not to carry. I guess the real question would be do I carry everywhere I go or just where I know I can or when? I have though about it but can you just walk into stores and stuff like that carrying? I guess I think I need some more info on it then what do I tell my other half when I start leaving the house with it on my side. So anything you could help me out with and make it easier to carry would be great. Do I need to be a paid member to go to the lunch in's or to the benefit shoot's or anything like that. I would love too be a paid member but times are not good right now.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 02:52:17 PM »
First, do you have a CPL?

Second, what type of firearm do you plan to carry?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Michhunter

Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 03:10:53 PM »
No I dont have a CPL. I would like to get one I would be carrying a astra A80.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Hello Everyone
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 03:39:43 PM »
No I dont have a CPL. I would like to get one I would be carrying a astra A80.

Is the Astea A80 registered to you?

You should go look up (google) MCL 750.234d. Pay special attention to sub-section h. Until you get a CPL you may not open carry in any of these places, nor a school/school property, nor a court.

Sub-section h includes places like: Meijer's, Kroger, Local party store, etc. It even includes places that have a liquor license registered with DLEG but don't actually sell liquor/beer. Be VERY careful.

Offline Michhunter

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 03:52:25 PM »
Yes the gun is registered to me ....... That's why I don't carry it is where you can and can't carry that will get me in trouble. So I guess it would be a good ideal to wait till I can get my cpl then and just play it safe.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 03:58:14 PM »
Welcome.
I would suggest reading the stickies in the OC Specific section of the forum http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php?board=5.0 after you are done, read them again.
Pay close attention to where you (without a CPL) CAN NOT carry, there is a difference in where you can OC with and without a CPL.

Watch the events section for an OC seminar and attend. They last about 2 hours are packed with information, they are free to the public, just like most of the MOC events.

As for the question about explaining to the other half, why not try the truth? You have made a decision to look into OC, that decision should be the answer you give to them.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Hello Everyone
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »
Oh, almost forgot. You can't carry it in a car except if it is encased, unloaded, and in the trunk. Doing contrary is a 5 year felony...

Offline Michhunter

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »
Nice ok thank you

Offline Bronson

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »
Just stay out of the kitchen and she'll never know you're carrying  :P :P :D

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 10:32:04 PM »
Oh, almost forgot. You can't carry it in a car except if it is encased, unloaded, and in the trunk. Doing contrary is a 5 year felony...

Did ya hear that CrossPistols?    :D