Author Topic: New from wyandotte  (Read 6928 times)

Offline Drdetroit

New from wyandotte
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:37:44 PM »
Hi everyone Im a 23 year old married male with 2 kids (6and4) from wyandotte. Im here to learn how to open carry and to chat with like minded people. Heres a quik run down of my situation. Im on a very tight budget and can not afford a CC permit. As of late it seems crime is continuing to rise 3 places have been robbed in the last month here in wyandotte (most recently was a church on easter sunday) the local schools were put on lock down a week and half ago cuz there was a suspicious person in southgate on the border of wyandotte Not to mention all the other crime that dosnt make the news. Then the "thug" mentality that seems to be growing. So as a law abiding citizen I need to protect myself and my family legally and hope to learn how on this forum.

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
Re: New from wyandotte
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »
Welcome Drdetroit... I'm quite new myself... There is plenty to learn.Good luck

Daniel
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:14:40 PM »
Welcome DrDetroit!

See Link:    :P

I am an OC activist from your area. If you'd like - send me a PM & I'd be happy to meet up with you for a burger/sandwich sometime and answer any questions I can for you. Is the grinder shop [Mancinno's / Bellacinno's] still open by the High School there on Eureka Rd. ?

"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 01:10:20 AM »
 8)Welcome Sir. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline JSteinmetz

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »
Welcome!  You'll find tons of info here, as well as people more than willing to help out!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Drdetroit

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 09:35:32 PM »
Correct age is 32. And thanx everyone for the warm welcome.

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 05:06:12 PM »
David,

Welcome to the forums.  OC is perfectly legal, although perhaps a daunting task without a CPL.  Pay attention to the piles of documentation and don't be afraid to ask stupid questions, as they aren't stupid.  It is a hellified legal minefield, so make sure you not only have any questions answered, but that you know why they were answered the way they were and you can find the cite on your own.

Again, WELCOME!

-jason r.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 05:15:34 PM »
Welcome! I hope you are available June 14th to attend our free seminar on OC at Gander Mountain in Novi. You will come away feeling much better about OC when you have a good grasp of the laws. ALL questions are answered during our seminars. See you there!

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,1222.0.html

Offline Drdetroit

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 09:56:35 PM »
I will be trying to attend the dinner on Thursday in southgate. As for the laws/rules I'm still trying to digest them am I wrong to think as long as it's exposed and in a holster it should be alright to carry that way and when in transport it has to be unloaded and cased?

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 10:31:51 AM »
I will be trying to attend the dinner on Thursday in southgate. As for the laws/rules I'm still trying to digest them am I wrong to think as long as it's exposed and in a holster it should be alright to carry that way and when in transport it has to be unloaded and cased?

If you do not have a CPL, then what you wrote above is correct. If you do have a CPL you can carry pretty much any way you want, IWB-OWB it doesn't really matter. Without a CPL remember the clause in the law for transport that stipulates: in a "approved lockable container for transport". This means a pistol case w/pistol unloaded & case locked with a pad lock or similar device to be safe.  ::)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993