Author Topic: Give something to get something?  (Read 5554 times)

Offline Bronson

Give something to get something?
« on: February 24, 2012, 01:15:38 AM »
So while driving today this idea popped into my head.

Gay marriage in MI is going to happen.  It might not happen this year or next but it is inevitable.  Trying to resist it is like planting your feet and bracing your back up against a glacier in the hopes of stopping it from moving across the land.

With that in mind how about our Repub. reps. do a little wheelin' & dealin'.  The Repubs. offer to vote through gay marriage if they can get pledges from the Dems. to vote through CPL pistol free zone repeal.  The Repubs. end up losing something they were going to lose enentually anyway and the people get no more concealed PFZs.

I know it won't be a popular idea with many but it just popped into my head.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Give something to get something?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 07:13:37 AM »
Don't think deals will be needed.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
Re: Re: Give something to get something?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:09:47 PM »
Don't think deals will be needed.
Really?  I would aver that the issue of PFZs will, at the most, be an elimination of one or two locations. Quite frankly, I don't even see that as something even remotely probable.
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Re: Give something to get something?
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 11:21:45 PM »
Really?  I would aver that the issue of PFZs will, at the most, be an elimination of one or two locations. Quite frankly, I don't even see that as something even remotely probable.

Called you and left you a VM.  Give me a call back...
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).