Author Topic: School Bans National Guard T-shirts Over Gun Image  (Read 3916 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
School Bans National Guard T-shirts Over Gun Image
« on: September 25, 2014, 11:05:50 PM »

A National Guard recruiter was instructed to stop handing out t-shirts at a New York high school after teachers complained that the shirts featured a soldier holding a weapon.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/school-bans-national-guard-t-shirts-over-gun-image.html

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: School Bans National Guard T-shirts Over Gun Image
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 03:30:24 AM »
Sometimes it's appropriate for a student to tell an assistant principal "Eat $#|t. F$#% you."
Being told you can't wear that shirt in a federally funded public school is one of those times.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 08:49:21 AM »
Just why are local schools federally funded?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »
Same reason why all state and local government functions are federally funded: So the federal government can control portions of society which are beyond its Constitutional grasp. Example: The feds can't tell you what to serve in the school kitchen, but they can deny funding if you don't serve what they want you to serve.
The fact that the Constitution doesn't give fedgov permission to spend money in areas outside its lawful domain seems to have escaped everybody involved.

"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 03:06:01 PM »
I was going to write the same thing.  The .gov uses money to control the states.  Instead of limited federal taxes, they take out more than is needed for federal expenses, then dole it back out to the states.  The .gov has threatened the withholding of highway funds, for example, to get their way on enforcement of state laws like seat belts and speed limits.

Offline m.marino

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 05:27:08 PM »
One of the many reasons for the .gov to gets it's fingers burned by citizens and states cutting off the gravy train .gov takes from the people to give to those that serve .gov. just my opinion on this one as would not want the site in any trouble for that. thanks for the new way of stating an old group by the way.  :D  -Michael
Tuebor Libertatus

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 09:27:57 PM »

I was going to write the same thing.  The .gov uses money to control the states.  Instead of limited federal taxes, they take out more than is needed for federal expenses, then dole it back out to the states.  The .gov has threatened the withholding of highway funds, for example, to get their way on enforcement of state laws like seat belts and speed limits.

And BAC limits.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 02:11:03 PM »
And remember that it was MSP who introduced STASI checkpoints to the  USA, because....Drunk Drivers!

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=496&invol=444

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 04:39:07 PM »
Did Michigan change the law after that case?  Because I thought MI did not have checkpoints like other states.

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 12:21:09 AM »
Yes, MI enacted a ban, which I believe should have been done before the AG's office wasted money winning a Supreme Court battle.
I believe it was a Constitutional Amendment, but it's not coming up on any internet search I can think up.