Author Topic: Florida cop tries to grab OCer's gun  (Read 4137 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Florida cop tries to grab OCer's gun
« on: June 20, 2015, 07:28:47 AM »
When gun carrier felt a hand on his pistol, he turned and simultaneously began drawing his back-up.

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/06/new-florida-carry-lawsuit-to-defend-right-to-bear-arms/

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: Florida cop tries to grab OCer's gun
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 09:55:44 AM »
Lawsuit filed.

http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtribune.com/19480/florida-carry-sues-tampa-police-over-detention-and-trespass-of-open-carrying-fisherman/

When I first read about it, I wondered why one would cease drawing his BUG and surrender to a mugger just because of the costume the criminal was wearing.

"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 01:35:49 PM »
When I first read about it, I wondered why one would cease drawing his BUG and surrender to a mugger just because of the costume the criminal was wearing.

Your right, shoot a cop instead :-[

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 02:24:22 PM »
Your right, shoot a cop instead :-[

While I might enjoy fantasizing about putting a 380 HP in that douche's foot before helping him fall into Tampa Bay, that's not what I said.

What I meant was that the threat has not ended simply because the threat is wearing a uniform.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 11:37:47 AM »
While I might enjoy fantasizing about putting a 380 HP in that douche's foot before helping him fall into Tampa Bay, that's not what I said.

What I meant was that the threat has not ended simply because the threat is wearing a uniform.

According to the social media policy page (mentioned in the Sticky in General Discussion) purple is the generally accepted color indicating sarcasm.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 07:32:28 PM »
According to the social media policy page (mentioned in the Sticky in General Discussion) purple is the generally accepted color indicating sarcasm.

Really?
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 10:43:56 AM »
"In order to pay legal fees associated with suing the city, Open Carry Florida launched a GoFundMe page. So far that group has raised $3,865 of its $5,000 goal, with contributions coming in from 108 people since June 18."

http://www.saintpetersblog.com/archives/234598